Thread: German Internet Cannibal on Trial

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

German Internet Cannibal on Trial

A German computer technician accused of killing, dismembering and eating the flesh of a man who agreed to the deal over the Internet has gone on trial for murder.

Armin Meiwes, whose trial started on Wednesday, is charged with murder as no crime of cannibalism exists in Germany. The case is the first of its kind in the country.

Dressed in a dark suit, Meiwes -- from Rotenburg-an-der-fuld, in central Germany -- appeared relaxed as he sat next to his lawyer at the Kassel state court.

Meiwes admitted to killing the victim and said there was "hundreds, thousands" of people who wanted to eat humans or be eaten.

He cut off part of the victim's body before the pair ate it together. Meiwes then cut up the victim, storing his body in a freezer and eating it over the following months.

"With every piece of flesh I ate I remembered him," Meiwes told the judge. "It was like taking communion."

The story was splashed all over the tabloids last year when it broke, and the 42-year-old defendant has spoken to the press, reportedly saying "sorry."

The defense is expected to argue that the victim, a 43-year-old computer technician identified only as Bernd Juergen B., from Berlin, agreed to the macabre event.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/eu...ial/index.html

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    What's the harm?

I like to be eaten every so often...

Careful now - remember Lorena Bobbit.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Just heard this on the news, and its just a little weird. I guess meat is meat

I guess its not murder if the guy consents, like its not rape if she says Yes ??

I think they should just put him in the looney bin, and feed him meat saying its body parts ?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---