Thread: speakers make noise when!

speakers make noise when!

Whenever I move my mouse, I get like a humming noise from my speakers, it is soooo annoying, could it be sound drivers or something, its a optical labtec mouse, I don't use mouse drivers I do have them but have never used them, and I have creative 5.1 surround speakers, and then when I am not moving my mouse, my speakers still make a funny noise, like a real faint buzzing, thanx in advance for any info.....
    Madamant

Oh its ok, I have sorted it......
    Madamant

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    so what was it.

It was to do with LINE IN, in sound and audio device properties in controle panel, the volume tab then advanced, when I take it off the noise disappears, no more humming, or if I mute it, but I don't know why it does it, I think its what I use for sound for my tv card, something has messed up because when I record from tv card onto my pc, I usually have sound, but now no sound when recording, and I think I have a corrupted WDM driver, as it keeps bringing up errors,

Ever since my cpu blew, and had to get a new one, my comp seems to be acting odd, so I think I will do a format.

I have an audio lead from my tv card to the line in on my sound card, otherwise I can't get sound from the tv on my pc....

hope all that makes sense, as I think I have confused myself....
    Madamant

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    makes perfect sense since My tv tuner card does the same thing...I use to get a hum and did the same thing muted the properties....also did it when the attenna from the fm radio was in. I just stretched it out away from everything and no more humming.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    so is it all due to interference? I sometimes get a humming noise from the monitor if I use the wheel to scroll down a web-page.

Its a m$ Wireless Optical mouse. any other ppl noticed this problem?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Originally posted by cash_site
    so is it all due to interference? I sometimes get a humming noise from the monitor if I use the wheel to scroll down a web-page.

Its a m$ Wireless Optical mouse. any other ppl noticed this problem?
    You get a humming from your monitor when you scroll your mouse wheel???

Yikes...she's gonna blow...take cover cash_site

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    You get a humming from your monitor when you scroll your mouse wheel???

Yikes...she's gonna blow...take cover cash_site
    The monitor or the mouse ?? :P

Nah, I think its interference with the wireless keyboard/mouse and speakers, seems logical right?

Anyway its my cus's computer, so he's in front of the monitor LOL

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Could be smooth scrolling...

I have been having that problem for months where when I scroll it would make a loud noise and also when I loaded programs or some webpages. So finally I read up and found that if I turned off the smooth scolling feature as found here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...scrolling.mspx the problem is fixed. I think it has to do with the video card or whatever. If yours is making this noise, give it a shot.

Banned
    i get a humming noise when i move my mouse too and i dont have a tuner but when i go into volume control and mute cd player it goes away