Thread: Earthdial Project

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Earthdial Project

This is kinda cool. Saw it on The Screen Savers last night. Thought I'd share...

The Earthdial Project

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I will give this to my wife since she is home schooling my son this could be a good science project for them.

Lightbulb The EarthDial Project needs YOU!

Sorry to drag up such an old topic, but The EarthDial Project is still looking for more people to take part in it. We need more EarthDials built by more people all over the world! We currently have 17 LIVE dials broadcasting images 24 hours a day, take a look at the Earth Map.

There is also a need for people who can speak different languages and who can make voice recordings on their computer. Two Worlds One Sun Many Voices is a project by Thomas Rackers of ED-14. He is trying to collect as many voice samples as possible of the phrase 'Two Worlds One Sun' in different languages. That is the motto of the EarthDial Project because the mars rovers Spirit and Opportunity have MarsDials attached to them which allows us to link the passage of time on Mars to that of Earth.

For other EarthDial and Astronomy-related goodness visit our Message Board.

-Mike
    EarthDial-17 Website

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hey Mike, Very nice to have you here and best of wishes with the project. I know there are some folks here that should be able to help out.
    Those links are VERY cool. I will most certainly pass the info around to as many folks as possible.
    Last edited by rik; May 26th, 2004 at 03:19 AM.