Thread: Notebook Purchase, Philippines

Notebook Purchase, Philippines

Hi, I need to buy a notebook in the Philippines, February 2004, and my budget is Pesos 40,000.00.

I looked at Villman.com in the Philippines and found a few notebooks in the 40,000 range. Ate there other sources that are similar or better?

Thanks

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey msnwar...first off what the hell are you doing in the PI? what part are you going to my pops lives near Olongapo so if you like I can ask him where he gets his stuff. We video conf maybe once a week but I can email him and see where are the local hot spots are.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    What kind of specs are you going for MSN?

phishhead
    My son and daughter live in Manila. We need a new one to replace an old IBM Pentium P166 that they were using in college. It broke and the motherboard needs replaced. After having IBM look at it we find it is cheaper to just buy anoher one.

BigBooger
    This is good enough for their purposes. ECS i-Buddie 3T DeskNote (A907). Here is the same notebook in case that link does not work ECS i-Buddie 3T DeskNote (A907)
    Just a simple notebook that they both use from time to time when needed at school. Simple word processing and ocassional email from time to time.

Even a used or refurbished unit would be fine as long as it comes from a store or shop where they can return it for upgrades or support when necessary. Once they are out of school they will pass it down to family members.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    wait for conan then.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Jeff, are you going to be over here too? Here are a couple of sites that I check online for prices:

http://www.pcx.com.ph/catalog/

http://www.pccorner.com.ph/controlle...n=producttypes

From a quick glance there seem to be only 1 or 2 that are within 40,000, maybe you should increase it to 45,000?

These 2 shops have branches all over the city, same with Villman.

Governor, No we will not be visiting 2004. Missy wants the kids to visit us this year. Man am I glad. Hate those long flights, lol.

I will buy from one of the suggested links. I will increase it to 45,000 as suggested. Knew you would know, lol.

Many thanks and take care

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by MSNwar
    Governor, No we will not be visiting 2004. Missy wants the kids to visit us this year. Man am I glad. Hate those long flights, lol.

I will buy from one of the suggested links. I will increase it to 45,000 as suggested. Knew you would know, lol.

Many thanks and take care
    No problem buddy.