Thread: Lee Boyd Malvo--what do you think?

Lee Boyd Malvo--what do you think?

If this is the incorrect forum, perhaps some administrator will correct it.

This sites below was posted on MSNBC on on Dec. 22 Eastern time (USA)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3667600/ It's about Lee Boyd Malvo. The jury is about to deliberate if he should get the death penalty or life imprisonment.

He's only 18. He was once an innocent kid, estranged I gather, from his real father and long without a mother. He was clearly influenced by John Allen Muhammad.

Does he get the death penalty because he did kill 2 others or should he get life imprisonment considering the circumstances? IDK. He was old enough to take responsibility for his actions---or was he? When do you become an adult? Surely he knew that it is wrong to kill in our society and 17 is not exactly a kid. Perhaps he should get life with the possibility of parole or maybe an even more lenient sentence. But with that last I stumble over the fact that two innocent people died because of his actions.

wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hang 'em high...do the crime you do the time.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    The death penalty is the ultimate punishment. I think in this case all the terror and misery he caused is deserving of such a penalty. If this guy gets life, it might be worse in some ways, but the tax payers, the very people this guy terrorized will have to foot the bill.. I just don't think that is right..

BB...I hear what you are saying but who else other than taxpayers, can foot it?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I think prisoners should be forced to work 12 hour shifts daily to support themselves and pay their debt to society.

I think all prisons should force mandatory work on all prisoners... and make prisons self-sufficient.