Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally got an Xbox.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

I finally got an Xbox.

It's about time I break out into the console area. Came with 2 games, Star Wars the Clone Wars, and World Tetris. Looking right now at how to mod it, and am going to get another controller and the DVD player kit.

It is an American Xbox, so I am going to have to mod it so I can play Japanese games.. which I think is a joke.. all consoles should be able to play all legally purchased games regardless of what country they are from..

Any of you with Xboxes mod yours yourself? If so, what tips, sites, detailed instructions can you give?

http://www.xbox-scene.com

I am using that site right now, and am trying to decide between the Chameleon or the Xecuter modchips. One is solderless, the later is not.

I also want to install Linux and see what that is like..

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

all ready did it lol

i did it with my old xbox, go to moddin tools and faqs

this is were i got my tools and suplies,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Shadow,
    YOu pre-ordered yours already modded? Or did you do the modding yourself?

I am wondering which way to go, the solder hell version, or the solderless yet more expensive version?

Rev,
    Those links are excellent. Especially the sourceforge. That will help me definitely to get Linux on my machine.
    Seems like I will have to go out and purchase Mech Warrior just for that install.

I think I am going to go with the following mod chip: http://www.system-mods.com/cgi-bin/p...iew=44&lang=en

Last edited by Big Booger; December 30th, 2003 at 01:36 AM.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

self modded,

i had the new excuter built in soldered hell , works great with xbox live, and i have tryed the usb solution very usefull, but a wee bit buggy but very handy,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

http://www.mrmodchips.com/catalog/pr...products_id=63

I just bought that mod chip from bloody England

It's the solderless variety, as I don't want to void my Xbox warranty if something were to happen to the DVD drive or hard disk.

Now Shipping the Xecuter 2.3B Lite Plus Revision

The Xecuter 2.3 Lite Plus XBOX mod chip is the latest mod chip to date introducing the newest features available. Quick and easy 5 min installation!! No soldering Required!!It now also comes with the external switch bank making disabling the chip simple to do. Easily upgradable by reflashing the BIOS(flashrom) chip. 1x1mb & 2x512k BIOS capacity for ultimate upgradeability.

* Xecuter 2.3 Lite with Built In Pogo Pin Adapter!
    * Works with all models including the NEW v1.5
    * EZ Installation - No Soldering Required
    * No need to remove when flashing or reflashing
    * 1 x 1Mb, 2 x 512k BIOS chip capacity
    * Chip can be easily disabled from the provided 3 switch bank - Xbox Live Compatibility
    * Flash Protect Incorperated - Once in protect mode your chip cannot be flashed
    * Now Preflashed with Cromwell 2.27
    * Recommended for Beginners - Intermediate Users

I'm going shortly to get the DVD kit, memory card, and another controller so me and my wife can race

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Also don't forget the Kevin Rose articles on The Screen Savers...step by step directions on the mods. Kevins X Box mods

Been looking at those TechTv articles for a few hours. Evox, the modchip, adding a larger HDD, I even found a place that upgrades the RAM and processor.. but it eliminates you from playing on Xboxlive...

there is something called XBconnect or something like that, that allows for any box, modded or not to play. I think I will stick with that..

MS needs to loosen up their undies a tad.

Boogs, talk to Drew. He has done some amazing things I know for sure you will want to know about

Thanks MSN,
    Will do that. Was talking to him briefly yesterday. Good guy ol drew is.

Originally posted by Big Booger
    Thanks MSN,
    Will do that. Was talking to him briefly yesterday. Good guy ol drew is.
    So that two timing hussie is ... lol

I had my xbox mod done by a pro for $55 bucks, he installed a 40 gig hd (does not include the cost of hd) plus the Evox software and all its addons. Also had a switch put on so that it shuts of the mod chip so you can play xbox live if I ever wanted.
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Yeah,
    I'll be getting a new HDD soon. I want to do it myself so I can learn the process.. plus I know of noone in Japan that can do it.

And I feel uncomfortable in sending my Xbox abroad to be tinkered with.

A little old thread, but I had to talk about this... My xbox has been sitting in the box for about 8 months because I fubar'd it... don't ask me how. So tonight, I had some free time and went at it.. burnt about 10 disks, bioses, setups, slayers installs and so on...

I toiled away on it, and finally tonight at around 10pm, wam, it booted to the old trusty evox I installed on it back in January 2004... the date was out of wack, and so on..

I think I fixed it by using the enigmah video selector that allows you to choose which video format you want... I used the enigmah cd, changed it to NTSC by pressing B on the controller, and rebooted the xbox, all of a sudden it booted... I was thrilled...

But then came the big challenge, would this sombiitch reboot and load evox... does a bull dog bark? Does a fat hog fart? Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

I now have a fully functional Xbox again, I just hope it stays that way. I have an old 160GB drive I want to install on it because right now I am using the original drive..

Note: If you don't know what they hell the settings are for the mods that you install, don't screw around like me... or you'll end up with a paper weight.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    If you don't know what they hell the settings are for the mods that you install, don't screw around like me
    Lessons learned from LK huh?