Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help my Raptor !

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Please help my Raptor !

I can't play any games on my WD Raptor HD they all go way too fast. I've never seen anything like this...in NFSUG it loads way too fast, you know how when you pick a car the old one drives out & the new drives in...well not on my HD, the old car just zooms out so fast you can't see it and the new car is there instantly! plus I need to tap the keyboard lightly or else it goes so fast that it will bypass all the cars & end up on the last car. I can't pick wheels for the cars because they spin so fast you can't tell what they look like

When I go to play the game its way to fast, so fast that I can't control it...if I press the gas its like NO2 is always on!!! if I try to steer its like a mad person just jerked on the wheel!!!

In Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness if I make Laura go its like she has jet packs or rocket shoes on!!! everything is like fast forward

The only thing that has changed is the WD Raptor and I put an Audigy 2 ZS in...I removed the Audigy and it still does this...I tried two other games and they are the same

I checked V-sync, turned everything on high detail at max Res and can't get these games to slow down...this sucks!

The games still work fine on my old Maxtor 80gig, anyone have any ideas on what I might look for ???

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    You need to fill it up and never defrag it

LOL That should slow it down.

Its not funny even though it sounds funny...come on got any ideas ? it would be kinda stupid to have this Raptor just for an OS

Serious I can't use this HD for games

Install raptor.

Install secondary slower HDD.

Install Game on Secondary HDD using custom install location.

That should all you to run the game.

If that is not possible,

Have you tried adjusting the mouse speeds in the mouse sensitivity options of the game control?

Have you tried shutting off the HDD optimization? And instead try the quiet mode for Maxtor drives?

Just a few things I have thought of. If there is anything else that comes to mind I will let you know.

Originally posted by Big Booger
    Have you tried adjusting the mouse speeds in the mouse sensitivity options of the game control?
    I knew you would come up with it

The friggin mouse & keyboard drivers were all messed up, I had disable acceleration in games checked but guess it doesn't work...the M$ XP drivers work fine, new Logitech drivers Blaaa...

Thanks BB

At first FG I thought you were bragging about your high speed HDD.. that is why I joked about it. I didn't think you were serious

I've seldom heard people complaining about their PC going to fast or games playing to quickly LOL

No I wasn't bragging, it was making me mad. I knew everything was loading fast but once things got loaded into ram I couldn't understand why it kept being so fast. I forgot the that the new Logitech drivers were on the Raptor and the Maxtor has the XP ITB drivers

Now that you fixed my games I can brag....man this Raptor is fast! and so is BB

Thanks

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I've seldom heard people complaining about their PC going to fast or games playing to quickly LOL
    No doubt...wish I had that problem.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    FG,stop blaming the hardware.

The reality is that your reflexes are slowing down, "Old Timer".

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Originally posted by Reverend
    FG,stop blaming the hardware.

The reality is that your reflexes are slowing down, "Old Timer".
    Thats why I keep getting faster hardware, to offset the slow reflexes

Something is still wrong even though I can control it better now its still too fast....when I wreck the car on the Maxtor its shows a nice wreck kinda slow motion replay but on the Raptor the wreck is very fast and violent looking

Guess I need to figure out whats going on. I'm going to image the Maxtor over to the Raptor and see if its the same.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey fastgame just send it to me and I will do a thorough test on it.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by FastGame
    Thats why I keep getting faster hardware, to offset the slow reflexes

Something is still wrong even though I can control it better now its still too fast....when I wreck the car on the Maxtor its shows a nice wreck kinda slow motion replay but on the Raptor the wreck is very fast and violent looking

Guess I need to figure out whats going on. I'm going to image the Maxtor over to the Raptor and see if its the same.
    Let's swap then. I'll send you my old 6 Gig drive for your Raptor, J/K FastGame!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    ok, just to be on the ball.............WHAT IS A RAPTOR????
    second, the HDD wouldn't be the problem when playing since it runs from the RAM, right??
    Have you checked the options??
    I was about to play a bit right now, so I will tell you later.
    BTW, would you like a head to head against me??
    Ohh, and a bit off topic, I don't really understand much the grading for the performance, why is the miata the best all around??? When I drive the celica it is a lot easier to win, but the miata shows like better in the score whatasup with that??
    Which is your favorite car??

Originally posted by Dehcbad25
    ok, just to be on the ball.............WHAT IS A RAPTOR????
    second, the HDD wouldn't be the problem when playing since it runs from the RAM, right??
    Have you checked the options??
    I was about to play a bit right now, so I will tell you later.
    BTW, would you like a head to head against me??
    Ohh, and a bit off topic, I don't really understand much the grading for the performance, why is the miata the best all around??? When I drive the celica it is a lot easier to win, but the miata shows like better in the score whatasup with that??
    Which is your favorite car??
    So many questions from such a young one

Raptor is the new Western Digital SATA 10,000rpm 8mb HD and it is super fast. This is one upgrade other than the ATI 9800 pro that I can actually see the improvement!

The HD shouldn't be the cause of my problem but something was wrong...I put the Maxtor image on the Raptor and its ok now

You want to race me ? Ha! you better take a rest from all your Christmas pie and practice up

I don't know why the Miata is the best but it is and thats what I use. Its not the fastest on top end but it handles the best. I also think it looks the best when tricked out

If you go online look for FastGame or Bad_n_Black, I'll be waiting.....

@phish & Conan, I would send you my Raptor but I wouldn't want you guys to have all these fast problems I'm getting
    Last edited by FastGame; December 31st, 2003 at 02:08 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by FastGame
    I put the Maxtor image on the Raptor and its ok now

FG, what program did you use to image your drive? When I placed one of my hard drives on IDE 3 (ATA 133 transfer rate) in my Asus Mobo it couldn't be identified by Norton Ghost. When I put it back on IDE 1 (ATA 100 transfer rate) Ghost worked fine again.