Thread: what to configure for foreign travel

Bronze Member

what to configure for foreign travel

Since I have a Toshiba laptop configured for the US, I was wondering what I have to do... if I bring it to possibly England and for sure Spain? I sure hate like hell to ruin a perfectly good laptop.

I know Reverend has a laptop, but modesty stops me from directly pm'ing him.

Thanks

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    I presume you mean the different voltages used in Europe.

I don't know what Toshiba Model you've got,but if it uses a similar Power Adaptor to mine you won't need to use a Voltage converter/transformer because it has a range of 100-240v and auto adjusts.

The only thing you'll need is a plug adaptor that will allow an appliance from one country to be plugged into the wall socket of another country.

But check in your manual,or visit the Toshiba site just to make sure.

You might find this site useful as well http://www.travelproducts.com/store/electric.htm
    Last edited by Reverend; January 7th, 2004 at 07:37 AM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Bronze Member
    thanks reverend- i did not know it was self adjusting. and it is good to know what "tools" i will need.

now if i can only find a way to access the internet whereever i am- if that is do-able.

Bronze Member
    now to get the equipment needed- from european size plugs to european w-11 telephone jacks, if there is something like that.