Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wireless in Europe and US

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    near ex- world trade center
    Posts
    184

    Wireless in Europe and US

    Instead of traveling with a 10 lb laptop computer (.8 stone) (4.2 kilos)- i was wondering if there is a smaller device that can receive email messages as well as send email messages as well as connect to the internet .

  2. #2
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching Your every move...
    Posts
    4,688
    Your cell phone or PDA.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    near ex- world trade center
    Posts
    184
    Originally posted by rik
    Your cell phone or PDA.
    that is just it- which ones are really good for travel in Europe as well as USA esp for access to the internet and to send messages as well? i have heard of blackberry and another one called ?Trio? or something like that.

    where do i find such information as well?

  4. #4
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343
    I can do that with my new cellphone:



    http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,38681,00.html
    Last edited by Conan; January 8th, 2004 at 01:19 AM.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    near ex- world trade center
    Posts
    184
    sounds awfully good. but i will have to wait on that. no time left. <sigh>

    how about the learning curve???

  6. #6
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343
    Quote Originally Posted by cityman
    sounds awfully good. but i will have to wait on that. no time left. <sigh>

    how about the learning curve???
    I've been a Nokia user all my life so not much of a learning curve was needed. It is mildly different though since it makes use of the "Symbian" operating system. The only drawback is the phone is not as "zippy" as the phones which don't have an OS. The good part is there are a lot of useful add-on programs available for download.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    near ex- world trade center
    Posts
    184
    thanks for the info about the Nokia.

    i will look it into - time permitting.

    cm
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    I've been a Nokia user all my life so not much of a learning curve was needed. It is mildly different though since it makes use of the "Symbian" operating system. The only drawback is the phone is not as "zippy" as the phones which don't have an OS. The good part is there are a lot of useful add-on programs available for download.

  8. #8
    Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    3,732
    man conan that is a sweet phone looks like a tri-corder.



  9. #9
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,343
    Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    man conan that is a sweet phone looks like a tri-corder.
    Beam me up, Phishy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •