Thread: SmartBarXP Beta 4.8

SmartBarXP Beta 4.8

A "Tech TV, Download of the Day". SmartBarXP Beta 4.8 provides a Longhorn look and function to the XP desktop.

The bar can be set up to match the WindowsXP visual style you are using, adopt the classic Windows look, or use a third party theme.

The bar matching the WindowsXP Luna Silver visual style.

The bar can be positioned at either side of the screen, and has options for z-order positioning and auto-hiding.

With the advanced properties, you can configure settings in more detail, specifying timings and visual effects.

Panes have detailed and extensive properties where appropriate, allowing you to configure them to the style that suits your needs and preference.

Certain panes expand upon interaction, providing additional features and functionality without taking up space on the bar when not in use.

The bar has three audio media player panes. The Windows Media Player pane gives you access to your pre existing WMP9 media library and playlists.

Panes may also show information windows upon interaction, providing extended information and options.

You can make the bar, and other parts of the Windows shell, translucent. It is also possible to transfer the functionality of the taskbar to SmartBarXP and completely hide your taskbar all together!

The bar using the classic windows theme, showing the pane lists available for the bar.

Download: http://www.smartbarxp.com/cgi-bin/ma...display=dlsbxp
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    is it a resource hog like the new style xp bar.

There is a resource monitor built into it. I used it for a few hours, to check that issue. No problem. I like this thing. I'm going to keep it.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I have used both sidebars mentioned, and even though the Desktop Sidebar is memory intensive I prefer it over the Smartbar. I can't get the Smartbar to connect thru our proxy here but the Desktop Sidebar does using the exact same settings.

Quote Originally Posted by rik
    I can't get the Smartbar to connect thru our proxy here but the Desktop Sidebar does using the exact same settings.
    I am running it through a proxy. No problems.

Wink

Nice!!!

I like this too....be well..........