Thread: A most incredible photograph

A most incredible photograph

Reverend:

The subject photograph was sent to me today. Unusual does not describe it. Lady Luck sure looked upon the photographer. It shows an armed forces helicopted rescuing someone off a small shack in the mountains in Iraq. What is unusual is that the pilot has balanced the tail end of this huge helicopter on the roof (which looks to be about 8' x 10') with 75% of the helicopter hanging off the roof. It must reflect great skill on the part of the pilot.

I would like to send you the photo but it's 794 kb...it would be useless if I resampled it to fit your attachment requirements. Why? Because it is too good to be missed and I thought perhaps you might be able to somehow make it possible for members/visitors to see it. I would be glad to forward it to anyone if I had their addresses. People can read a description but no description can replace seeing it. But is there any alternative to a description? If you give me your email address, I will forward it to you so you can see it.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    send it to me,using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Alternatively,i noticed you have your own website (url in your sig).Can you not upload it to that site and post the link.
    Last edited by Reverend; January 10th, 2004 at 19:11 PM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    @wumply, did you end up making a link to it on your website?

Also, this sounds like a 'weird' request to show photos.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

No, didn't make a link on my website...too unrelated to the theme of my site and I wanted to keep a count of visits to my site for itself. I could have had, I suppose 2 counters, but didn't care about how many would view the helicopter pic. But the photo struck me as so unusual that I thought others would enjoy it...and I was hoping there'd be some way this could be done at techtonez. Reverend said send it to him (which I did) and then he asked if I knew the site it came from. I didn't; I've tried to find out, but have had no luck. So at this point I figured it was getting too involved to be practical, so I decided to let it go. (Which I am about to tell Reverend.)
    wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Photo here

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    nice photo, and agreed that shows excellent skills of pilot, but I dont see why you couldnt have attached it, its not that great a photo. More interesting

Any other photos like this, i like military hardware photos and videos

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    That is truly incredible...Thanks for sharing.

cash_site...re you recent post...I was down for a while...had to fdisk. If you meant why did I not attach it to an ordinary post with a brief comment, that was not because of size but because I figured few would see it then and I was hoping Reverend would have some way to enabling every member (or most members) to easily see it by clicking on some link at techzonez.