This hack was in the Feb. issue of Maximum PC. It shows how to use different desktop walpaper on each of your displays.
The first thing is to make sure that you are using high-res images to reduce dithering.
- Right click on your desktop. then select properties.
- Under the Desktop section, select Customize Desktop, then select the Web tab.
- To use an image file located on your hard drive select New and browse to the file's location. Once you've selected the file you want, click OK and it will appear on your desktop.
- Now simply drag the image over to the second desktop and from the image's pull-down menu in the upper left-hand corner select Cover Desktop.
- Right-click and select Arrange Byand "Lock web items on desktop". Now you can select a standard desktopfor your primary display and use the web object to cover the standard desktop image on your second desktop with the image of your choice.