Thread: What is the newest Internet Technology??

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

What is the newest Internet Technology??

Well, guess what?? My mother kill me with a question today, which I didn't really have thought about it myself.
    She called me to ask me what is the newest Internet (refering to the technology to connect) and I had no clue.
    Also, she was askng me specifically what means each technology and what is the speed.
    What is the speed of T1?? T3???? Frame Relay???? ISDN?? Cable??
    I know that some have a standarized form because of the service, for example we usually think that cable is 1.5Mbps, but actually that is just a base plan with a cap connection. It can be higher if you pay more.
    I never really thought about the speed of T1, T3. What is a frame realy??
    So, I said, give me a day or two and I will solve this questions (with help from the forum of course)

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Answers

very good questions, a T1 Line can start at 256kb and range up to 1.5 MB as what my collage instructor said, a T3 line form what i last heard is 45 MBS Full Voice over ip Tech, Frame Relay is rame relay is the fastest growing wide-area technology in the domestic United States. It's used by large corporations, government agencies, small businesses and even Internet service providers (ISPs). Why is it so popular, and how can you make the best use of it? Find out with Network Computing's Interactive Frame Relay Network Design Manual,

http://www.networkcomputing.com/netdesign/frame1.html
    describes frame Relay and its use

http://www.t1-t3-dsl-line.com/solutions.php

very good site for your answers
    Last edited by shadow_warez; January 14th, 2004 at 02:23 AM. Reason: more info

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Thanks a lot.
    REALLY (Y)