Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3DNA Desktop: Amazing 3D Desktop that improves how you work with Windows

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

3DNA Desktop: Amazing 3D Desktop that improves how you work with Windows

3DNA is a 3D desktop enhancer that improves the way you work with Windows and the Web. You can choose from different 3D Add-on Worlds to explore and customize with 100's of themes and skies for an immersive and entertaining desktop. 3DNA works by overlaying the wallpaper area and easily lets you toggle between your 3D and 2D desktop with the click of your mouse. You can move around easily, or simply teleport to different areas when you want to launch applications, open folders, speed-surf dozens of Web sites, or play music. Personalize each 3D World by hanging your digital photos on the walls by simply dragging them onto the picture frames.
    Feature Highlights for 3DNA Desktop

* Choose and Customize Different Add-on Worlds
    * Speed-surf Dozens of Websites
    * Easy 3D Access to Your Programs, Files and Folders
    * Scans Your Hard Drive and Creates a Custom Desktop
    * Customize Each World with 100's of Themes and Skies
    * Hang Your Digital Photos on the Walls
    * Enjoy Animated Skies that Change in Real-Time
    * Drag And Drop From Windows and the Web to 3DNA
    * Use Integrated Media Controls to Play Music
    * Play Built-in 3D Games

Free Evaluation Download

I tried this and all I can say is WOW. It's like having a video game for a desktop. It is highly configurable with hundreds of themes and several worlds to choose from.

You just have to see it to believe it.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Thanks for the info...
    Can you give us a review?

does it lag the desktop?

do programs crash while using it?

is it more convenient.

I will give it a try after work

... i need to get some munchies before i explore this new world this weekend......

------------------------------------------------------------

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    and, not meaning to be the pessimist in the group but, how long is the evaluation period and what's the cost?

The evaluation has no expiration. http://www.3dna.net/

Click that link for more information. The cost for the full version is $29.99. I love being able to interact with the desktop and pick up objects, move them around, create interactive links.

Switch from 3DNA and your old boring desktop is as simple as clicking 1 button in the right hand side of the screen.

It does lag if your machine is lower than their recommended settings. I tried it on my 1.6ghz, 768mb ram, Geforce 4 ti 4200.. worked great.. no so on my laptop that halfs all of those specs.

It has a learning curve. You have to learn to reuse your keyboard for movement and such like you would in a video game. Arrow keys are for movement, as well as many other keys.

I haven't had 1 single crash since I've been running it to be honest. That is not to say you won't. If you do, then submit it to their support and see if they know what is going on:
    http://www.3dna.net/support/index.htm

If you are tired of the flat 2D world of windows and want something that takes you into a game-oriented experience, this is for you. I have been wanting to use an app like this for ages and finally I get to.

And rik, there are tons of freebie worlds, skies, themes, and other objects to add... everything from tropical rain forest skies to new rugs, artwork, your own family photos, etc...

You can choose up to 6 free worlds.. from Chateau to Villa all the way to space aged hang out. The worlds even come with free mini-games and things to do while you are computing away.

I like it a lot. I recommend you to give it a go. Use the tutorial at the beginning so you can learn your way around and how to use it. If not you will be lost.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    This thing is awesome, it looks really good on my 9800pro I have everything set to max and the v-card set to 4xAA & 16xAF...thing looks better than a game! in fact now you can play your PC...lol

I have my Loft all set up with a bunch of my pics and they look really nice hanging on the wall, the only thing it needs is a bed room where I can have a nice naked girl laying on the bed when I walk in the room it was fun playing basketball while I wait for girl to come over...

My old boring desktop used 132mb, this nice exciting desktop only uses 614mb!!!

I knew some day I'd be able to use my 1gig of ram...

is this thing loaded with spyware?
    it gives an option to install a search bar in ie and won't allow me to skip the email sign up and info sheet

:sigh:

im not worried

:worried:

hhehe

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Anybody got screenshots?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    yeah on the link boogs posted there is screenies

http://www.3dna.net/downloads/worlds.htm

That one gives you a good idea of what they look like. It is nothing like your 2D desktop you are used to. Links can be placed literally anywhere. And you can set teleport markers that let you teleport throughout your virtual home with the push of 1 key. I really like this and am going to install it on all of my PCs.

where are the new worlds to download?

Well they took them down. I was downloading tons last night.

mmm

I'll put them on my http server:
    http://techzonez.no-ip.org/
    Get them while you can.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Thanks BB, I'll have to try all these extras out.Wonder why they took them down?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    is this thing loaded with spyware?
    it gives an option to install a search bar in ie and won't allow me to skip the email sign up and info sheet

:sigh:

im not worried

:worried:

hhehe
    I think there may be, in the list of differences b/w paid and free is there are no advertisments!!

Might give it a go before fresh RAID install and format at end of month

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I've been using this now for a couple of days and all I can say is bling bling... MS, where the hell is this in Longhorn? WHy not?

As for spyware, just run adaware or spybot S&D... It does install that search bar, but I haven't figured out how to uninstall it.. I did figure out how to hide it, view, toolbars, uncheck search bar...

Great program though. I like using it.. and since I seldom use IE it doesnt matter to me either way.