Thread: Possible Microsoft Virtual PC problem¿

Question Possible Microsoft Virtual PC problem¿

Please help!

At the moment I can connect to the Internet through my network's Gateway when using an external Proxy server, although not if I specify the Proxy to be the same as the Gateway. MS ICF doesn't display anything happening and Kerio PFW shows the creation time as '00/../00 00:00:00'.

I've recently installed MS Virtual PC which needs a Loopback adapter added and virtual machine network service to network with the guest PC properly. I've added these 2 features and they both supposedly work properly. The guest PC can connect to the Internet with no problems using either an external Proxy or my LAN's Gateway and can also network properly with the Host machine, however I get an error appearing in the event log saying...

"Event ID: 32003
    Source: Ipnathlp
    The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code."

Hope that makes sense. :-)

Coffee.
    Live long and prosper!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Just did a quick search,and one suggestion i found is to disable ICS (internet connection sharing).
    In Network Connections right click your Modem/LAN icons and select properties.On the advanced tab uncheck the 3 options listed under "Internet Connection Sharing".

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly it is already. :-\
    Live long and prosper!

Found this on the MS website... http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;293497 although so i'm not entirely sure what they mean. I'm no network admin sorry. ;-P I've got 192.168.0.64 / 255.255.255.0 and no idea what the end address is suppose to be¿
    Live long and prosper!

Panic over, the problem was with the loopback adapter, all I had to do was change the it's subnet to 255.255.0.0, seems to not like being the same as the gateway's subnet. :-S

Coffee slaps himself about with a large trout!
    Last edited by Coffee; January 28th, 2004 at 00:08 AM.
    Live long and prosper!

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Easy fix!! Good job