Thread: Anyone ever use this? Ad Muncher

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Anyone ever use this? Ad Muncher

http://www.admuncher.com/

Sounds kinda cool...if anyone has used it what's your opinion?

Ad Muncher is a program for Windows systems which removes adverts, popups and other annoying things from all popular browsers, as well as most banner displaying and popup generating programs like ICQ, Morpheus, Kazaa, Grokster, Opera, PalTalk, iMesh, Bearshare, LimeWire, etc.

Features of Ad Muncher
    Remove adverts and pop-ups from a wide range of browsers and other programs!
    Put an end to annoyances such as background music, javscript alerts and other annoying scripts!
    Scramble your IP and remove other unique identifiers to protect your privacy!
    Highly configurable, remove anything and everything that bothers you!
    Easy to deploy in a LAN environment - install on all systems or just install on your proxy!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    nop
    I use no pop up killer or add killer at all
    I consider that they use resouces unecesarily.
    Hey, but that is my opinion.
    Besides, most web sites that have pop-ups are tolerable. The web sites that are untolerable usually you shouldn't be there
    And if you always have lots of pop-ups then you have Spyware.
    I prefer to keep spyware away instead
    IMHO

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I've used and didn't like it much. Too many settings and things to play around with. I prefer the install and never think about again kinda of apps.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Cool Thanks...I was just thinking that it's ability to "Scramble your IP and remove other unique identifiers to protect your privacy" kinda cool. I normally use Pop Up Stopper companion on IE and it works great so...I'll stick with it.

BTW dehcbad25...I've begun using BBs sig host and they seem to be fine for a sig...www.forumsigs.com

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well I use it and works great like stripe said has some settings but once it is installed and running works like a charm

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    I'll again push for Norton Internet Security...I don't see pop-ups and I don't see ads and all I did was install it

Yes it is a little resource intensive...but it's alright...

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    That IP scrambler would be a good feature, for the little added security or anonymity. I guess with so many products available, its sort of the case of if the one you use works, just keep it.

I use NIS with NAV for firewall and anti-virus duties, so simply enableing the ad-blocker and pop-up blocker is easy with little increase to the already large resource hog LOL

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---