Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cell Phone Explosion Burns Man's Buttocks

  1. #1
    Titanium Member efc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    North Central Arkansas

    Talking Cell Phone Explosion Burns Man's Buttocks

    By Associated Press

    January 27, 2004, 8:54 AM EST

    KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- A Malaysian man was shaken and scalded Tuesday after his mobile phone exploded beside him while he was sleeping, the national news agency reported.

    Mohamed Radzuan Yasin said he was recharging his cell phone and placed it on his bed near him before he took a nap. Three hours later, he was jarred awake by what he described as a small explosion.

    "The explosion scalded my buttocks, while there were burn marks on the mattress and the wall," Mohamed Radzuan told Bernama news agency.

    "At first I was confused about what had exploded, but I realized it was my mobile phone when I saw it was shattered in pieces," he said.

    Mohamed Radzuan, a 40-year-old electrician in Kuala Pilah district, about 50 miles south of Kuala Lumpur, said he had purchased a new battery for the phone a week ago.

    He received treatment for the injury at a hospital and subsequently filed a police report concerning the incident, Bernama reported.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

  2. #2
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Watching Your every move...

  3. #3
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Bet it was a fake battery.

  4. #4
    Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    DE - USA
    Yep, Conan is in the money.
    And if it is not, I really would like to know the make and model for the phone/batery (So I don't use)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts