Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from the Farm

Thumbs up Update from the Farm

Well i finally got to watch Engl. 1 , Arg. 0 , what a game Beckham after 4 years got revenge,i don't get cable and sat. is to much deneros,buys a lot of hay.

Got a new baby this afternoon, looks like a chestnut with white blaze,mare and foal are fine and i love being in my own element.

Man it's good to be alive and smell the roses.

Somewhere in Texas , there's a Village missing it's Idiot
    Cheers
    Ushie

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    kickin it on the farm all day with out tv....sounds like a dream. my pops has a farm in the philippines and he sends pictures sometimes would be great to get out of the concrete jungle I live and go back to a simpler time but with internet and pc's of course.

Your right,i could do without fleas and ticks,but not without my newly found friend(P.C.) and my critters.

Cheers
    Ushie

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Farming must be the life. Man in tune with nature, busting ground with the cold steel of a plow, working the soil like the father's of our forefathers. Busting your back out in the hot sun, hands cracked and dirtied by the manual labor of providing food and other homegrown items using natural and artificial methods...
    Man it must be like heaven.

I envy you.
    BB

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger
    Farming must be the life. Man in tune with nature, busting ground with the cold steel of a plow, working the soil like the father's of our forefathers. Busting your back out in the hot sun, hands cracked and dirtied by the manual labor of providing food and other homegrown items using natural and artificial methods...
    Man it must be like heaven.

I envy you.
    BB
    A very technical person, expecially someone that lives in the king of moving forward (Japan), always disires such a life style at least one time in their life

We all need a balance of everything to feel truely alive!

I feel the disire slightly too BB

Farm life could be sweat i suppose, i don't get along with animals though, apart from something like a dog

Hehe!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; June 10th, 2002 at 16:15 PM.

Gimie

I'm shure my animals would hardly know what to make of that little green wormy looking thing--------hehehe and your right i balance things by going to the big city from time to time
    Last edited by uschie; June 11th, 2002 at 01:23 AM.

Cheers
    Ushie

well uschie I bet gimie would know what to do to your sheep

Originally posted by uschie
    Gimie

I'm shure my animals would hardly know what to make of that little green wormy looking thing--------hehehe and your right i balance things by going to the big city from time to time
    Eat me? ehehehehe

Originally posted by phishhead
    well uschie I bet gimie would know what to do to your sheep
    Of course, feed them to their fellow sheep silly

The true cycle of life

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Gimie-
    I'm city folk, too. My sister has 5 acres upstate. We visit her and her family in the summer. The rest of the time, my 3 jack russells are enough animals for me.

Chacun son gut.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

By nature jack russells are true farm animals,as you know they love to run--run---run(bread for rat hunting)I just know they love to go upstate with you.Do it more often

Cheers
    Ushie

Originally posted by piaqt
    Gimie-
    I'm city folk, too. My sister has 5 acres upstate. We visit her and her family in the summer. The rest of the time, my 3 jack russells are enough animals for me.

Chacun son gut.
    As far as my knowledge goes, all my relitives are all city folk, a few in the countryside, but that's just for the peace and quiet

Still... ya never know, i'm sure i will meet many of my unknown relitives that could be "people of the land" when i'm out on my travels

Nope, just one stupid dog that runs into things for me!

Every other animal/pet in my home have died over the past year or so, kept em' so long

Gimie:

Just to tell you about the kind of farm i have,to clear up the sheep thing.

All my animals,17 horses,8 goats, 1 jack, one hell of a mule (1600 pounts) were all abused and near starvation. I take them in ,heal them and then send them on to well known friends(with lots of $),who will take care of them until they die.I just grow herbs and my own little vegie. garden.My pers. pets are 2 Akitas and 1 cross bread ( verry small) and believe it 9cats.

P.S. I just know my animals are to sweet, they would not eat you i just know it. I brought stranger things then little green things home before and nothing happend.
    Last edited by uschie; June 12th, 2002 at 02:17 AM.

Cheers
    Ushie

Talking

Originally posted by uschie
    Gimie:

Just to tell you about the kind of farm i have,to clear up the sheep thing.

All my animals,17 horses,8 goats, 1 jack, one hell of a mule (1600 pounts) were all abused and near starvation. I take them in ,heal them and then send them on to well known friends(with lots of $),who will take care of them until they die.I just grow herbs and my own little vegie. garden.My pers. pets are 2 Akitas and 1 cross bread ( verry small) and believe it 9cats.

P.S. I just know my animals are to sweet, they would not eat you i just know it. I brought stranger things then little green things home before and nothing happend.
    LMAO!

Good on ya uschie! You da man!

we have a mini farm going ourselves...we have a 5 yr old golden retriever, a 4 yr old pygmy goat, a bull frog tadpole, alligator lizard and a lady bug cage with 1000's of ladybugs (my youngest daughter loves lady bugs what can I say.)

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar

Question

We have 3 rescued jack russell terriers, and, this being NYC, a full complement of cockroaches. Does that qualify my apartment as a mini-farm?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt