Thread: Hard Drive no show

Banned

Hard Drive no show

i just installed a second hardrive but when i go into my computer it only shows one what happend to the other one

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    It may need to be partitioned so that your Operating System can see it!!

If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, right click on My Computer and choose Manage. In the window that appears, choose Disk Managment and your second Hard Disk Drive should be visible in the lower part of the screen (assuming that you have it connected correctly - are you familiar with the terms Master and Slave?)

Once you've located the drive in the list, right-clicking it will give you options to partition and format it!

Banned
    ok im going to go format it and its set to slave

Banned
    the formatting is complete but it still doesnt show under my computer

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    8 mins to format a drive ???

Is the new drive detected by the BIOS.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Banned
    yeah it was pretty fast and it is detected by bios.

i can access the drive and put stuff in it but when i go into my computer its not there only c
    Last edited by Reverend; February 10th, 2004 at 21:47 PM. Reason: merged posts

Banned
    i just checked my computer with another user name and it shows both hard drives there so why doesnt it show in my user name which is an administrator account

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Did you try to refresh in the my computer window? Right click and refresh? Does it show up in the device manager on that administrator account?

Perhaps your administrator account is corrupted? This sometimes happens. Try creating a new administrator account. Then delete the old one, but make sure to save your settings and important files from the old administrator account.

This is just a guess.

You could also try start, control panel, administrative tools, then go into the computer management.

Under storage, click disk management. Is it showing up there? If not try clicking the action tab at the top, then click rescan drives.

I am not really sure why the one account shows it but the other doesn't unless the admin account is corrupted or something like that.

Or, this is a long shot, it could have hidden attributes under that account for some unknown reason.

My computer window click tools at the top, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders. Make sure it is checked, if you haven't alreaddy.

I am guessing it is a corrupted user account. If that is the case, this article shows how to back up the settings and files for the new account that you'll create:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

Hope that helps.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    if you are using any phontom cd-drives like daemon tools or clone cd ou should disable these momentarily as it seems like a device is using the same letter as your drive
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    i refreshed it and no luck it does show up in device manager with the administrator that has the problem