June 10th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Styles XP and SP1
Thanks goes to SiXXGuNNZ at Neowin.
This is the UX Theme Patch with a batch file for people who installed Windows XP Sp1. For non-SP1 users do not use this file. I finally got Styles XP themes to work again using this.
Note: I got this to work after a fresh format and installation of SP1.
Get it HERE.
June 16th, 2002, 01:10 AM
British Stud Muffin
June 16th, 2002, 02:06 AM
Exact same here Gimie, i can't live without my themes now, well maybe i can, but it would be really hard to get used to..
Right now i am using FatalE by KoL, awesome, just awesome
June 16th, 2002, 18:02 PM
British Stud Muffin
June 19th, 2002, 17:40 PM
just use this here is the read me so then you don't have to use style xp:
WARNING: User assumes all responsibility for running the patch program
and patching the uxtheme.dll file. User agress to hold harmless TGT Soft
LLC. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not patch the file.
To patch UXTHEME.DLL you must follow these directions. If it does not
work, please do not email us. We tried.
First, you must have administrator privileges.
Second, you must understand how to rename and copy files.
Third, you must understand where your system directory is and how to
navigate there (although the patcher will tell you where it is).
If you update your Windows(r) XP operating system, the patch may become
Ready? Here are the instructions.
1) Run the uxthemepatcher.exe. This program will produce a "uxtheme.pat"
file in your system32 directory. If this program fails, DO NOT
2) After you have successfully run uxthemepatcher.exe, a message box
will tell you where the uxtheme.pat file is. If your system directory
is c:\windows\system32 -- the uxtheme.pat file will be there. If it is
c:\winnt\system32 -- the uxtheme.pat file will be there. And so on.
Make a mental note of where the .pat file is.
3) Assuming your system directory is c:\windows\system32 go into the
directory c:\windows\system32\dllcache. This directory may be hidden.
If it is, you need to unhide it to see it, or use the command prompt.
4) Rename the uxtheme.dll file in dllcache to uxtheme.bak (or some other
5) Rename any uxtheme.dl_ or uxtheme.dll that might be found in other
locations on your system such as c:\i386 or the place where you
installed Windows(r) XP from.
6) Make sure you have NO CDs in your system (especially the Windows(r) XP
7) Assuming your system directory is c:\windows\system32 go into the
directory c:\windows\system32. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.bak or
some other name. Copy uxtheme.pat to uxtheme.dll.
8) You might get a warning from Windows System File Protection. You need
to answer the two questions properly, and on your own volition to
ensure that the uxtheme.dll file is not replaced with the original.
9) If all goes well, the uxtheme.dll will be the same DATE and TIME as
the uxtheme.pat. If this is the case, REBOOT. Do not logoff, you need
a full reboot.