Thread: scanner wont work

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar

scanner wont work

hey guys I have a microtek 3600 scanner. Its been working fine until I tried to scan a recipt thru word 2003. It hung word and now if I try to use the scanner software it seems like it will make a pass and hang in the middle and stop responding.

so far this is what I've done: completely removed the software, downloaded the new driver and reinstalled. no dice, so I removed it again did a manual search for all files pertaining to it del the twain32 and twunk files, reinstalled remove my webcam since it uses twain also and got one scan out of it. tested it again and its hanging again. I've tried different usb ports and everything.

anyone have any suggestions I use my scanner quite often so I need to get this darn thing figured out. I am gonna try and del and reinstall the old driver/software and see if that help in the mean time.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Unplug the scanner,then completely remove all traces of the software/drivers.
    Reboot,then plug the scanner back in and let Windows detect it.Reinstall any additional software.

BTW,is the scanner correctly recognized in Word 2003.Does the scanner still work ok with other applications?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

nope wont work with any software. did what you said got one good scan tried again and crapped out again.

ok guys I got it fixed after reading an article about usb in a local zine. what it said was that when using a usb hub some things take more juice to run so what I did was connect my printer, scanner, webcam directly to pc and my keyboard, mouse and palm to the hub. sure enough everything is working fine. Didnt think since buying the camera and printer that anything changed since the last time I used the scanner.