Thread: My Printer Pulls The Paper To The Side And Down, Getting The Paper Stuck

My Printer Pulls The Paper To The Side And Down, Getting The Paper Stuck

What can I do??? It is a Lexmark Z23 laserjet printer. It is over 2 years old. Thanks in advance.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    you could check the rollers that pull the paper down but most likely its gonna be a new printer since repairing would cost more than a new one. I just got this one and its a great printer for an excellent price.

Nothing if the warranty is expired. Maybe take it to a printer technician, but it might be cheaper to just replace it. Printers are dirt cheap these days. Could examine it to see if there is debri or something inside, but I doubt it.

I used to have one of those printers, gave me nothing but trouble and finally died on me. I was so happy to be rid of it I went and got a Canon i560, ..........so much better
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    The other guys may be right - ie printer needs fixing - but did you check to see if the paper is in correctly, ie sitting in the tray section with the paper-sizers correctly aligned? I know with my HP printer, when I put more paper in I forget to realign the sizer and the paper gets pushed to one side and jams etc.

if this is no good, just get a tech to look at it, and if it is broken, then a new canon will be in order

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    The other guys may be right - ie printer needs fixing - but did you check to see if the paper is in correctly, ie sitting in the tray section with the paper-sizers correctly aligned? I know with my HP printer, when I put more paper in I forget to realign the sizer and the paper gets pushed to one side and jams etc.

if this is no good, just get a tech to look at it, and if it is broken, then a new canon will be in order
    I made sure the paper was in straight. I re-adjusted the paper aligner. My sister thinks 1 of the rollers is not working. Thanks for the help everyone.