Thread: divx/xvid to vcd

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar

divx/xvid to vcd

hey guys what software do I need to convert divx to vcd...will nero or ecdc 6 do it? I have a documentary that is in divx and my mom wants to watch it on the tv, so I want to convert it to vcd easily. If its a long drawn out process then I'm not gonna bother with it.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Just tell her to watch it on your computer, good excuse to see your mom or in-law

You may have to convert avi to mpg, then nero should be able to convert automatically. There may be a plug-in to convert DivX automatically.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    I use this program all the time....

TMPGEnc converts *.AVI file to MPEG1, the format which is used in VideoCD. Using variety of option in TMPGEnc, you can compress your video file in high quality. TMPGEnc enables us adjust bitrate, quantize matrix, GOP structure, Interlace and many other parameter so that you can create most appropriate movie file depends on your purpose.
    simply load your avi and select the vcd settings and you will have a great vcd high quality mpeg stream

now you can run nero and it should add the mpeg and create the vcd for you.
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Yep use TMPGEnc. Gives great results. Again I recommend dvdrhelp.com for a tutorial on the conversion.