Thread: FireFox Printer Problem

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

FireFox Printer Problem

Running:
    Windows 98 First edition-Japanese
    Pent 233mhz
    128mB ram
    networked printer using a Buffalo Print Server

Every time I try to print in Firefox it says cannot see or find printer. Printer works fine in MS word, and IE, even in Outlook. It doesn't matter if I do the keyboard shortcut, hit file and then print.. still the same...

I tried adjusting the settings but I don't see any printer setting for Firefox. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    From what I see FF just uses the system settings to choose a printer. Does it show in the printer options in FF?

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Just started Firefox and printed a web page.Maybe you can check some of the extensions for downloading.Could be 98 and Firefox are having a problem.Did you print from the toolbar or did you right click on the page and choose print?

Edit;Actually when I right clik I don't get the option to print in Firefox.I can choose save as and choose text file,web page complete,or web page html.Maybe you could choose save as text or whatever and try printing from a saved file.
    Last edited by zipp51; February 24th, 2004 at 18:57 PM.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    The thing is I don't see any setting for the printer at all in FF.. anywhere. If I click file, then I can print preview.. but if I click print, it gives an error and says "cannot find printer"-- translated from Japanese.