Thread: apple vs. pcs

Banned

apple vs. pcs

which one is better me and my friend fight over it he loves his g5 and i just love pcs which one is really better?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I can say this, neither one is better. The choice is like a selection between Pepsi and Coke. We each have our favorite. I can tell you now that 92-3% of computer users are PC. While Mac holds I think something like 7% of the market.

That said, many apps are made only for the PC, games, etc.. Though Apple has some killer software packages, that much I will admit. I haven't used a Mac since the days of the apple2.. At my uni I did fool around with a G3.. but that was just fun time. So I may not be the best person to ask. Ask Cash_site. He has both and can give you a rundown from a Hybrid Mac-PC perspective.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    The PC is better. Using BB's soda pop analogy Pepsi and Coke is AMD vs Intel, in PC vs Apple, Apple doesn't even rank as 7up or Dr Pepper...more like orange pop..lol

You won the fight biker tell your friend to sell his apple on eBay and you'll help save his life while he's young

Of coarse in the real world of professional graphics Apple is king but thats another story......

I havn't been in this debate for years... the biggest beef I have with apple is also a strong point somewhat. they are a proprietary manufacturer. they have a market lock on thier own product. This doesn't allow innovation and competition within their business. Other problems that come from this are supply demand issues. It's a good computer overall. great in graphics and video editing but even that is only marginal next to some of the x86 processors that are out.

I heard an interesting comment a long time ago. Someone said the average IQ of a Mac user is higher than that of a PC user.. I always wondered if it were true.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I heard an interesting comment a long time ago. Someone said the average IQ of a Mac user is higher than that of a PC user.. I always wondered if it were true.
    I heard that also but at the same time I heard that the higher your IQ the less common sense you have

anyway I'm hanging out @eBay in case bikers friend sells his Apple soda...

Banned
    i dont think he will sell it he loves it to much

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    MAC's are great!! The only reason I shifted from MAC to PC is because I couldn't justfy 5000 AUD on a MAC when I could get a PC for half that amount (this was about 10 years ago).

Since then I've become addicted to PC games, and the huge array of software and hardware options out there. All much cheaper than a MAC. They are great looking machines though. Have any of you seen Jaguar (the OS)? Mmmmmmm

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Well my 2c I own a 800 Duron PC and Dual 1Ghz G4. Results. For general PC usuage the PC wins, has such quick response times etc. The huge array of software available for PC is amazing. Obviously there are the good and bad... PCs get lots of virus because ppl making the virus know that 95% of comps are PC so even 1% infection rate is HUGE.

Finally it all depends on your situation... if you only buy software and only certain packages for work, ie DVD, digital editing, graphics etc, then MAC is better, especially dual 2Ghz G5 with 64bit support. If you like many programs downloaded appz, many games, then PC is best for you.

Really you need to be lucky and own both. THen 1 machine for graphics, the other for games Just like war, there are no winnners.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    I heard that also but at the same time I heard that the higher your IQ the less common sense you have

I hear yah FG.

Yup, true. The other nice thing about the mac is the design. But its all very pricey!
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield