Thread: Name of program that has icon described below

Name of program that has icon described below

I've seen this icon but not for a couple of years. Saw it today but could not copy-paste it.

Anyhow it consists of a gold picture frame, the inside upper 3/4 of which is red, white below that. There is a blue pencil angling across the frame.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Not sure what it is.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    I've seen this icon but not for a couple of years. Saw it today but could not copy-paste it.

Anyhow it consists of a gold picture frame, the inside upper 3/4 of which is red, white below that. There is a blue pencil angling across the frame.
    So where is this icon ? i guess its not on your PC or you would of clicked on it

Any link ?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    its a .gif file...

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    wumply,

The best way to tell what application is associated with that icon is to open up explorer (to do this, go to start, run, and then type explorer and click on ok). On the menu, click on tools and go to options (for WinXP or Win2000) or Edit and then folder options (For Win98, Win95, etc). Click on the file type tab and scroll through this until you see the Icon you've described. Highlight that Icon and on the bottom of the screen, it should list what application opens that file type.

Let us know if this works

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    wumply, that is the icon for WindowBlinds...

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Looks like that might be it!

Good work Detective Rik

Stripe: Thanks for your suggestion. I'd never really gotten into file types, so you taught me something. However, the icon I described was not there--I scrolled slowly through twice. I did catch a glimpse of it on the internet a day or two ago--quite by accident, but it was gone before I could click on it.

Re the icon I do remember it from the days when I had 98SE, but I did save a file with that icon then, I've no idea where.

Rik, I don't understand your reply..."that is the icon for windowblinds." Windowblinds ???

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    wumply look at Rik's attachment:

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/atta...achmentid=1002

Is it the icon directly to the left of the clock?

I bet that is what Rik was referring to. But my view of it was too small for me to be sure. However, in the icon I saw long ago, the pencil came in from the right side of the picture as the icon is viewed.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Hey Everybody.

I discovered the icon I was curious about--from a guy at webexpertz.net

I've pasted in below what he said and a link to where he found it.

A JPEG image perhaps? I remember that on my Win98 box the icon for GIF images was a frame with some green in it, and the icon for JPEG images was the same but with red instead of green.

Found it on Google : link

I think I did the link right. If it doesn't work, would someone tell me please?
    Last edited by egghead; February 27th, 2004 at 06:16 AM.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    link is working now
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't the link I typed in with blah blah blah work? It got underlined and highlighted in blue (I think) like any normal url.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Sorry for the confusion wumply...WindowBlinds is an app that lets you "skin" your desktop. You can download and use different themes, backgrounds, icons, and such. But I guess that wasn't the one you were looking for anyway. The one in your link is just a generic Windows icon I believe. It would show that way if the IE is the default pic viewer...if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by rik; February 27th, 2004 at 12:29 PM.