Thread: Frequency Problem

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

Frequency Problem

Maybe this has been answered already by Fastgame,not sure.I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe and running a powered ATI 128mb 9500 vid card.I am getting a "Frequency Overrange" message upon start up.I am running a Viewsonic A70 with xp drivers and have my aperature set at 128mb in the bios.What causes this?Is it the monitor or a setting in bios or software display settings?The machine seems to run fine otherwise.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    What refresh rate are you using zipper?

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    72Hz and I have used the default 60Hz
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    My son has the Viewsonic A70.

What GFX drivers are you using ?

I use the XP native drivers for that monitor, they should work fine. What resolution are you running ? I use 1024x768 @85hz refresh and would say thats the best for that monitor. Maybe you should get the latest viewsonic drivers.

Anyway its doing that because a non-supported refresh rate is being forced on your monitor. Make sure the refresh is set right in your display drivers, set it in both the monitor tab and the refresh override in the display tab & make sure the "Use DDC information" is checked.

If that doesn't work then go into Device manager and uninstall the GFX drivers and let XP find them again, maybe SmartGart is not working right. While your there under "System devices" uninstall the Nforce AGP host to PCI Bridge driver and let XP find that again.

You have a refresh set wrong some where or your monitor is dying...I don't think its dying.