February 28th, 2004, 19:02 PM
Old and Cranky
Welcome to the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Training Course for Developers.
Check it out Boyz...Full item is on the link. Too much to post here.
Welcome to the Windows XP Service Pack 2 training course for developers. It is the goal of this course to make you, the developer, aware of the implications in the deployment of Service Pack 2 on computers running on the Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Editions.
Specifically, upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Summarize the rationale for increased security in Windows XP SP2.
2. Identify the four development areas that this service pack affects.
3. Review the current situation.
4. Identify the common areas where applications will break once XP SP2 is deployed.
5. Identify the possible short-term fixes and longer-term solutions.
6. Explain how code samples for application upgrades allow the developer to take advantage of the changes made by XP SP2.
7. Summarize the Next Steps that can be taken to correct problems that may arise with the installation of XP SP2.