Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our New CLAN GAME: BF VIETNAM

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaStar
    Yep stand-alone it is. IMHO EOD looks much better. We'll wait and see. Piper, your thoughts??
    From what I have seen so far COD graphics kicks a**..Vietnam is cool because of the vehicles that you can use..Now Unreal is another story. This has superb graphics!! Lots of vehicle interactions and cool built in comments when you frag or get fragged. Huge game, to the tune of 5.4 gigs. it comes with 6 cd's. I will put my money on the next release of COD to Kick all their butts for graphics and I well imagine that they are working on something similar to the battlefield concept at activision. The HOB mod is being developed by a third party to work the same as battlefield but I believe it is still in the development stages. Time will tell.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I am SO ready for this game...Check out the screenshots @
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bfv/game/ss/

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Have to check it out in-game and compare. Rumour has it that the graphics and game play aren't that fantastic, but playing with some mates online should still be fun

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Some reviews tout this as a great game, but not as outstanding as when BF1942 first come out. It has improved Graphics and Sound compared to first, however still a little down on CoD. Single player is only really used to get practice in, as Bots are Sh!te. MP is better with use of helicopters, but we've been used to then since DC 0.1 days

I hope this will kick up the interest into BF so we can setup a server and frag every weekend. Cmon guys!!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Well I played it and can say it is nice. I mean, you can land helicopters on portable riverboat helipads, the rivers move you, instead of just going straight across you can feel the current. The mud effects are excellent. There are traps and trip wires and such... One has some logs on a hill that you can knock over. The logs have spikes and they roll down the hill trampling anything in their path. They can even take out tanks.

I haven't been able to pick up any tanks with a helicopter yet, but this is a sweet game, and it is being modded already considering it comes with the map and modding tools as an optional install.

The music is what makes this game.. I just wished you could play it while you were battling..

Oh and I forgot to mention the vegetation, it is everywhere.. Some places you can't tell which direction you are heading if it wasn't for the compass.. This game is made well. I can tell they put a lot of work into it.
    Last edited by Big Booger; March 19th, 2004 at 01:41 AM.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Sounds good boogs. My mate has it and tells me the soundtrack is rockin!!!

He also said the bots suck bad but on a LAN would be heaps of fun. Can't wait to give it a bash!

There is a lot of media hype about this, they reckon its going to go off. Wish these ppl had seen DC, oh well. Lets all jump on the bandwagon

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

GI your leader's don't care about you. GI you're going to die. GI they will nepalm you. GI you will get your medal, after you are dead.

LOL

The only things that are missing are tunnels as the NVA used tons of tunnels during the war. And the other would be the hookers, civilians, and so on.. It would also add to the realism if you could coordinate attacks with your teammates.

The only things that are missing are tunnels as the NVA used tons of tunnels during the war. And the other would be the hookers, civilians, and so on.. It would also add to the realism if you could coordinate attacks with your teammates.
    That would be soo cool, im sure EoD will develop it They should also have missions where GIs walk thru rice pattys and Female workers pull out AK-47s from skirt and BAM!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

There is a tunnel map, but I think there should be tunnels in every map.. after all the NVA were well-known for their tunnel building.

Yeah it would be nice to have civilians turned militia in this game.. More bodies and head skins would be nice.

Get this game!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I just bought BFV yesterday and I think its bad it looks terrible and the enemy looks like a bunch of little ants crawling all over the place, game play isn't that great either. Seems like the game companies are giving people a bunch of vehicles to drive around & it makes them forget about all the other shortcomings

MOHAA, COD, SOFII, RTCW look and play better, I knew I should of got UT2004....

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    @BB, Is their a way to use the tunnels?

@FG...I'm not a huge fan but I am looking forward to the MP functions in these maps and with those weapons...

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    I just bought BFV yesterday and I think its bad it looks terrible and the enemy looks like a bunch of little ants crawling all over the place, game play isn't that great either. Seems like the game companies are giving people a bunch of vehicles to drive around & it makes them forget about all the other shortcomings

MOHAA, COD, SOFII, RTCW look and play better, I knew I should of got UT2004....
    So...you want 2004 eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    GI your leader's don't care about you. GI you're going to die. GI they will nepalm you. GI you will get your medal, after you are dead.

LOL

I suppose you could if you and your mates have in game communication abilities like ventrilo. All you would have to do is co-ordinate what server your going to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    So...you want 2004 eh?
    I have to agree with lynch about the players looking like ants...lmao...buggy game, no pun intended here. It's ok if you go in as a group or play on a specific server where you know everybody. lynch, if you want to try my server let me know and I will forward you the login info. Then it will be more like COD was on self-ex's server. Just have to plan play times. I bought both BFV and Unreal Tourn 2004 at the same time. They both have good and bad features when playing online. COD for my money is still the best. There is an expansion pak due out soon called "United Offensive" which will add more new maps. The 1.3 patch added a couple of new maps which are kewl. BFV lets you interface with the vehicles which is what IMHO makes the game a little more interesting. If it wasn't for that feature it would s**k big time. When I get frustrated with the game play I just turn into a rogue player and kill em all...lmao