Thread: Problem burning bin/cue movies

Problem burning bin/cue movies

I have a couple movies in bin/cue format that I have burned using Nero and when I put the cd in the cd-rom it will not play it opens Windows Media player but it won't play it, I've followed all the correct steps to burn the files but it still won't work and also I tried playing them on a virtual drive but the movie still won't play, Can anybody help me with this problem?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi

if they are in vcd format you can open explorer and navigate to the cd drive and you should see an mpg folder with some files that are .dat.

If you click on the file and open it in Windows Media player they should play.

When you mount them virtually what does the file directory look like?

And welcome to Techzonez!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    If you tell us the folders that are in the CD (once you have burnt it or if you mount the image) we will be able to decipher the format of the CD.

I recommend playing the CDs with a dedicated software player such as PowerDVD or WinDVD. Alternatively you could try your hardware DVD player.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Yeah more than likely the bin/cue are svcd that cannot be played with windows media player. That or you are missing a codec.

As Egghead says what I tend to do is right click the CDROM and hit explore. There will be several folders. Find the .mpg or .dat file. It will be a large file. THis all depends on the type of movie encoding. Then right click it and open with, then use a media player like PowerDVD, WinDVD, NvDVD, or any other DVD-based player to play the file. It should work.

If not you may need the kazaalite or nimo codec packs, if they are not already installed.
    Last edited by Big Booger; March 4th, 2004 at 23:36 PM.

I downloaded WinDVD and it is now playing but not on my DVD player, oh well. thanks for the help everyone

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    It's likely that the CD was a Super VCD (SVCD) in that case! Visit http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php to find out if your DVD player plays SVCDs.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Windows Media Player plays SVCD too. Guys, I am surprised about that
    Yeah more than likely the bin/cue are svcd that cannot be played with windows media player
    Anyhow, you need the MPEG2 codec, which you already got by instaling WinDVD
    This woudl be the codec if you don't install WinDVD or PowerDVD
    http://www.elecard.com/products/mpeg2decoder.shtml
    If it doesn't open automatically in WMP (It does in mine) just navigate to the MPEG folder (only folder that is big) and open the file

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Windows media player sometimes does not play SVCD. I have had it happen over and over. And if it does play it, try adjusting the brightness, hue, saturation, etc.. :P

You are better off playing an SVCD on a third party DVD software player as you pointed out Dehc.