Thread: Outpost firewall turns off my PC

Outpost firewall turns off my PC

It does it before it even saves my settings. I have a proxy. I do not have port 8080 typed in my connection for the proxy. Could that be the problem?? I thought I configured it right. Thanks.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Firewall. If that fails, make sure to type your proxy in correctly using the port numbers though I don't see how that would effect the PC being shut off by a firewall.

The only thing I had to do was to allow several applications access to the internet. Things like web browser, Outlook Express, and so on.. I just right clicked them in Outpost, then clicked allow it. Or always allow this application access.. something like that.

If that doesn't work, let me know. We'll try to help.
    Agnitum is certainly full of info and can be intimidating. It was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Firewall. If that fails, make sure to type your proxy in correctly using the port numbers though I don't see how that would effect the PC being shut off by a firewall.

The only thing I had to do was to allow several applications access to the internet. Things like web browser, Outlook Express, and so on.. I just right clicked them in Outpost, then clicked allow it. Or always allow this application access.. something like that.

If that doesn't work, let me know. We'll try to help.
    Agnitum is certainly full of info and can be intimidating. It was for me.
    I reinstalled it. It turned off my PC again. It turned off while I was burning a CD. Before it turned off when I tried to get windows XP CD writer up. It has turned itself off like it was restarting about 5 times now. Thank you for replying. Does anyone have any ideas??

Do you have any other firewall installed besides outpost? If so uninstall them first, then uninstall agnitum outpost, then reinstall outpost.

So does it restart the PC only when you are using the CD burner or does it do it randomly?

It could be an incompatibility with your burning software and Outpost if so..

Try disabling Outpost and then burning. Also, what version of Outpost are you using?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    What Operating System are you using?

Do you have any other firewall installed besides outpost? If so uninstall them first, then uninstall agnitum outpost, then reinstall outpost.

So does it restart the PC only when you are using the CD burner or does it do it randomly?

It could be an incompatibility with your burning software and Outpost if so..

Try disabling Outpost and then burning. Also, what version of Outpost are you using?
    I only had Outpost firewall. The error report said it was

turning off my PC because of Outpost. I shut it off And exited it. My

computer later turned off when I was playing a CD I had just burned. The PC

said to download Windows Media Player 9, which I thought I had. I have the

latest free version of Outpost. I have windows XP. Thank you for replying.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but do you have a copy of the error report? It should be listed in the event log under Administrative tools, in the control panel. It will be listed under Event logs.

If you can post or type that information, including the event ID, perhaps I can help further with that information.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but do you have a copy of the error report? It should be listed in the event log under Administrative tools, in the control panel. It will be listed under Event logs.

If you can post or type that information, including the event ID, perhaps I can help further with that information.
    I don't mind the questions.

Error event Id 10005. I had the Imapi Service turned off to have less CPU

usage based on the advice of a computer board. I turned it back on, just

now. Thanks for the replies.