March 11th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Logitech Cordless Comfort Duo Black
The Logitech Cordless Comfort Duo combines the exceptional comfort of a split-key keyboard layout with the high-performance cordless MouseMan optical mouse. This combination fits where you want it without compromising performance, precision, or power. The keyboard's design lets your hands and wrists rest in a natural position while offering one-touch access to your files, applications, e-mail, and the Web.
The mouse moves easily on almost any surface, with no ball or moving parts to clean or fuss with. It also offers twice the speed and twice the accuracy of standard optical mice. Scrolling is easier with its convenient scroll wheel, and included software lets you customize four mouse buttons and many keyboard features. The keyboard lets you control audio and video and access your favorite Web sites, directories, and applications right from its one-touch hot keys.
System requirements: an IBM-compatible or Macintosh system running Windows 98, 2000, Me, NT 4.0, or XP, or Mac OS X; an available USB or PS/2 keyboard port and PS/2 mouse port; and a CD-ROM drive. Internet and e-mail function require an Internet account and Netscape Navigator 4.0 or later, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later, or America Online 4.0 or later. A sound card and speakers are optimal for taking advantage of multimedia control.
* Model: Cordless Comfort Duo (part number 967230-0403)
* Ports: PS/2, USB
* Mouse: Cordless MouseMan Optical mouse, works in either hand
* Speed: Twice as fast as normal optical mice
* Mouse sensor: Optical
* Scroll wheel: Yes
* Battery: 4 AA
* Keyboard: Split-key
* Multimedia controls: Yes (directly from the keyboard)
* One-touch hot keys: Yes
* Power: Powered by computer
* System requirements: IBM-compatible or Macintosh system running Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP, or Mac OS X; Available USB or PS/2 keyboard port and PS/2 mouse port, CD-ROM drive; For Internet and email functionality: An Internet account, Netscape Navigator 4.0 or higher, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher, or America Online 4.0 or higher; For multimedia control: Sound card and speakers
* In the box: Keyboard, mouse, external keyboard adapter (PS/2), user's manual
* Warranty, parts: 5 years
* Warranty, labor: 5 years
Just received this from the US. My mom got it for me as I have been needing a new keyboard. I am still using an old gateway 106-key keyboard I got back iin my university days LOL
This is a welcomed upgrade for me. Though I am wondering about the wireless interferance.. and battery life...
I doubt I'll used the mouse.. we'll see. Based on reviews from the amazon site, it would see the mouse is a battery hog and is rather crappy..
Anyone else have this model? what do you think?
March 11th, 2004, 13:21 PM
hey boogs my cousin has it and loves the keyboard but he said the mouse just doesnt feel right. he hasnt complained about the battery life...doesnt that one come with a charger/cradle?
March 11th, 2004, 13:38 PM
I've always wanted to have a black keyboard so that I don't have to clean the spaces in between the keys!