Thread: Nightmare Service Problems with Gateway

Nightmare Service Problems with Gateway

This article appeared in the April 2004 Issue of Computer Shopper.

http://www.cox-internet.com/lickingfrogs/efc/gw.html
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I just cannot believe a gateway would have that much trouble.... it's plausible but c'mon.... after they replaced every part? Strange how these problems come up after he brings it home. LOL

I'd be a little wary of this guy if I were a small time comp store.

I thought if you opened the case on your own, you voided the warranty to begin with???? Am I mistaken about that?

The question I have is what could have been in an 850 MHz computer in 2000 that would make it worth $4000. You should have been able to put every bell and whistle on a system then for less than $1500.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Direct from the past,these puppies were expensive.

Performance Desktops Give Consumers Cutting Edge Pentium III Technology
    For consumers, the Gateway Performance 850XL PC has plenty of power to handle gaming, multimedia rendering and 3-D imaging. The Gateway Performance PC optimizes performance to take advantage of the latest communications technologies, such as DSL (Digital Subscriber Lines) for high-speed Internet access and communications. The advanced speed helps ensure Gateway systems will be capable of handling the latest software well into the future. The Gateway Performance line, designed for advanced home users and enthusiasts, offers consumers high-end, multimedia desktop systems built around the latest components and processors. Consumers can purchase the Gateway Performance 850 today, with prices starting at $2,599.

And that's just starting so I think this guy was treated wrong.They should have given him a new system.The Motherboard might have been shorting out on the chassis you never know.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.