Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla vs Firefox?

Question Mozilla vs Firefox?

I moved to Mozilla last week, using it for the first time ever. Bottom line: Internet Explorer is forever dead in my heart.

Can someone tell me what the main difference(s) between Firefox and Mozilla are? I hear about Firefox a lot, but haven't been able to get a grasp on what it actually does. I'm pretty sure it's a browser, though I'm also sure there are a lot of differences between it and Moz. Thanks for the help.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Firefox is just a browser where Mozilla is a full web suite...Integrated mail client and such.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar
    plus firefox has image probs, and it cant show gifs, at full speed, and embedded images dont work on certain websites.

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_warez
    plus firefox has image probs, and it cant show gifs, at full speed, and embedded images dont work on certain websites.
    so install and use Opera

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    It's what rik said. Firefox is a faster gutted out Mozilla, you can build in the options you want with the extensions & plugins. Mozilla & Firefox are the best, they work 99% of the time on everything with far less problems than *any* of the non-IE browsers.

If it sounds like I'm stating fact...well your right I did, I'll leave the "IMO" for the Opera guys

well i tryed,

but opera has a goofy lookin UI things arent in thier right places , not sure if i should just keep cleansing all firefox junk out, of reg till its been clean for 2 weeks, but every time i try installing it in a new place my sig is gone and my Av is slower then a 486 running win2k3 data cetner,

Opera Rules, lol. I love it.

welli need a proper browser, Firefox is kacked on my system, images wont work, anyone know of a tool to clean firefox form your sys, not add/remove, or regedit, lol something like driver cleaner,

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_warez
    welli need a proper browser, Firefox is kacked on my system, images wont work, anyone know of a tool to clean firefox form your sys, not add/remove, or regedit, lol something like driver cleaner,
    Well after experiencing a tweaked Firefox and discovering this http://www.numion.com/Stopwatch/ where you can test any browser for loading times, I say except for all the security vulnerabilities IE is still faster than anything else.

I have been the Mozilla cheerleader for the past two years. I have been using it since version 0.9 It was better than IE two years ago. Now there is absolutely no way to conider them equal. Mozilla is king.

Here recently it has been catching the eye of the tech community. Tech TV is now recommending it as the best available browser. PC World Magazine also named Mozilla ver 1.3 the Best Browser of 2003. The interesting thing is that by the end of 2003 version 1.6 Final had been distributed. http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/artic...3,pg,11,00.asp

Why choose Mozilla or Firebird?

1. Built in popup manager. With IE you need another program.
    2. Junk mail management. Mozilla will learn what you consider junk mail and then carry out your instructions for handling it.
    3. Easy access to stored cookies.
    4. Password management.
    5. Form manager to store data entered on internet forms.

I download every release of Mozilla and Firebird. As of now, I prefer Mozilla. Someday Firebird may mature to the point that I will change to it, however not yet.

Mozilla 1.7b is scheduled for release next week.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Well after experiencing a tweaked Firefox and discovering this http://www.numion.com/Stopwatch/ where you can test any browser for loading times, I say except for all the security vulnerabilities IE is still faster than anything else.
    Well thats true but I don't understand why anyone with a fast net connection would care about how fast a page loads. everything else about Mozilla/Firefox smokes IE...I'll use a IMO this time

MyIE2 is a front end for IE and it works great.. better than that O thing

Shadow, Firefox doesn't write a bunch of stuff to the registry. use RegCleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Well thats true but I don't understand why anyone with a fast net connection would care about how fast a page loads. everything else about Mozilla/Firefox smokes IE...I'll use a IMO this time

MyIE2 is a front end for IE and it works great.. better than that O thing

Shadow, Firefox doesn't write a bunch of stuff to the registry. use RegCleaner.
    Well while my 384 kbps may be faster than dial-up, it still is no match for speeds from the US, Canada, and so forth. Well I tested how fast the browsers load Techzonez and Firefox took 4 seconds longer than IE. That to me is pretty significant. It's like having a faster processor, less waiting time.

Hey I don't know what to say...IE loads TZ front page 1 sec faster than Firebird for me

while you bring up faster processer have you ever thought of switching to AMD ?

Hey I don't know what to say...IE loads TZ front page 1 sec faster than Firebird for me
    I've noticed that most of Mozilla/Firefox users haven't tweaked IE. I've tweaked IE a bit. Try the load times of the Forum front page.

while you bring up faster processer have you ever thought of switching to AMD ?
    I did so in the past, right before the 800 FSB units came out.
    Last edited by Conan; March 13th, 2004 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    I did so in the past, right before the 800 FSB units came out.
    LoL how did I know you would say something like that...hehe

Conan have you tried MyIE2 ? how is it ?