Thread: DLink Problem

Exclamation DLink Problem

I have a Dlink DI-604 router which has been giving me problems recently. Whenever I want to go into it to configure ports and stuff (using it's adress: 192.168.0.1), I login, but when it gets me to it's main page, it takes a while to load. It doesn't even load all the way anymore. It stops halfway through, and I get no links whatsoever. It's not giving me any problems other than that. I can still browse the 'net, as well as go through the other PC's. It only gives me headaches when I want to play in the configuration. After a few resets (of the router, not the PC), it'll work fine for a while, but the same problem comes back again. Any ideas?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    do you have a firewall running? I could not reach it either turned off sygate and volia. also I updated the firmware saw that they had a recent update.
    I found out after connecting my kids pc to it I could not talk to them at all so I del sygate all together, forced ips on all pc. ex: mine 192.168.0.2 and the kids 192.168.0.3 and 4 then ran the firmware update.

Only firewall I have is the hardware one that's in the router. I used to put my IP in a DMZ, but now I just configure the needed ports. DMZ ain'T gonna help me now though, since I can't get to it! My problem is having the router's admin tool not load up all the way.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Yeh definitely update the firmware!! That should clean things up. Make sure you use the right type though, Generation I firmware for a Gen I router and Generation II firmware for a Gen II router!

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    yeah check what version you have there is a little sticker on the bottom.

I'll try this now. Thanks for the help guys!

Just finished upgrading the firmware. I gave me a "File contains no data" error once it was done, but the upgrade worked fine, since it's telling me the firmware is now version 2.20. We'll see how this works out now! Thanks for the help.