Thread: Neat product code tip from an MS technician

Neat product code tip from an MS technician

I had to reinstall my Word 2002 today...after I had clean installed XP.

I typed the product code in, checked for accuracy, clicked next or OK, and it was invalid. I called Microsoft. They said it was valid and mentioned that it could have been because I had typed some blocks of the code in with the caps lock key depressed. The technician also noted that having your A-V software running (which I did) could also cause product codes to be rejected. He said it did not have to in capitals (as it always is when you get it on a CD or a CD case or container.)

So I tried again using all lower case letters (and a few #s.) It worked.

The technician also said that if necessary he could generate me a new product code. Neat!
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Glad things worked out for you.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    very interesting to know, I always thought that it had to be in Captials... but OfficeXP was always pretty weird with WPA and serials etc

Glad it worked, and nice tip.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---