Thread: Got Some DDR 500 Yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Got Some DDR 500 Yesterday

Well while I was surfing some local hardware sites I came across one that was selling Geil Ultra Platinum PC 4000 500MHz Dual Channel DDR Kit . So I checked out the reviews and they were pretty good and the price wasn't bad either, substantially cheaper than its Corsair counterpart. So here I am with 2 x 512 sticks at 220 FSB (a pretty mild overclock) = 3.3 Ghz. The memory is rated to run FSB's of 250 or slightly more. They look great too! Will post pictures later or tomorrow.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    hey fastgame can you see thru all of conans burning rubber.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    I'm the memory champ at the moment...

any benchmarks yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    I'm the memory champ at the moment...

any benchmarks yet?
    What memory are you using egg? You've got a pretty healthy FSB running there. So far I've only run 3DMark 2001SE, got 18,380 @ 3.3 Ghz. I was running memtest86 yesterday making sure there are no errors at overclocked speeds. Some people at the ABXZone forums are runnnin their 3.0 cpu's all the way up to 3.8!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    What memory are you using egg? You've got a pretty healthy FSB running there. So far I've only run 3DMark 2001SE, got 18,380 @ 3.3 Ghz. I was running memtest86 yesterday making sure there are no errors at overclocked speeds. Some people at the ABXZone forums are runnnin their 3.0 cpu's all the way up to 3.8!
    im using hynix ram with a 2.6ghz cpu overclocked to 3.25 using stock everything
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    im using hynix ram with a 2.6ghz cpu overclocked to 3.25 using stock everything
    How are your temps, did they increase? No increase yet in mine although I still will try higher overclocks. My Geil modules also use Hynix, they're great for really high overclocks. Are you running the memory by SPD? Do you know your latency values?

I cannot remember how much memory I have

Pics of the memory modules using my phone:

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Barb,I know you're not a big gamer,so with all this top notch gear you have been purchasing recently has it made a big difference with the performance of the everyday applications that you run.And has the outlay been worth it.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    Barb,I know you're not a big gamer,so with all this top notch gear you have been purchasing recently has it made a big difference with the performance of the everyday applications that you run.And has the outlay been worth it.
    Hell yeah! Look how worried FastGame is now! Well seriously the only reason why I sprang for the video card and this ram is because they were pretty good deals. The Geil memory is only $ 50 more than my TwinMOS memory (we get it straight from Taiwan, it costs a lot more in the US), and the Ati 9800 Pro was also pretty cheap it cost less than when I bought my old Ti 4400.

The ATI card has improved everything in my system, I can now use Turbo settings, the 2D images and colors of my desktop has greatly improved (my LCD was starting to look crappy next to my Dad's brand new one but the card makes my LCD look new now!). I used to be a big gamer with PS 1, I just don't have the luxury of time nowadays, the internet takes all my spare time. I showed my GF the difference between my ATI card and my old FX 5600 using demo's from http://www.theproduct.de/index.html , and she said wow your card is definitely worth it (she hardly knows crap about PC's)!

I could hardly overclock with my TwinMOS ram. My PC wouldn't boot at 205 FSB. I wanted to overclock instead of upgrading to a faster CPU.

But let's see, I think FastGame's buying his new Athlon FX system any day now!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    nice memory Conan. Excellent deals too, might have to fly over

I wonder what would be a better system, top P4 like conan's or new AMD64s.

Time for Conan to get BF:Vietnam and join the TZ clan

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    nice memory Conan. Excellent deals too, might have to fly over

I wonder what would be a better system, top P4 like conan's or new AMD64s.

Time for Conan to get BF:Vietnam and join the TZ clan
    The AMD 64 for sure, unless Intel corrects the mistakes of their early Prescott models.