Thread: Memtest86+ The Best Memory Diagnostic

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Memtest86+ The Best Memory Diagnostic

This is really a great memory diagnostic prgram, it shows CPU speed, DDR speed, Latency timings and so on.

Based on the well-known original memtest86 written by Chris Brady, memtest86+ is a port by some members of the x86-secret team. Our goal is to provide an up-to-date and completly reliable version of this software tool aimed at memory failures detection.

Memtest86+ is, like the original, released under the terms of the Gnu Public License (GPL). No restrictions for use, private or commercial exist other than the ones mentioned in the Gnu Public License (GPL). Texts about the original version was taken from the original website and written by Chris Brady.

http://www.memtest.org/

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    This is definately a must have in your tool box...fastgame turned me on to this little app. Hey conan how did you do a screen shot in DOS.

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    This is definately a must have in your tool box...fastgame turned me on to this little app. Hey conan how did you do a screen shot in DOS.
    I didn't take it, that's from their site.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Looks like a digital photo of their monitor LOL, i was looking for the white-out on the screen too.

Nice little app though, what is the main point though, does it show faulty internal gates??

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    Looks like a digital photo of their monitor LOL, i was looking for the white-out on the screen too.

Nice little app though, what is the main point though, does it show faulty internal gates??
    Mainly for identifying faulty modules or fine-tuning your memory's voltages and timings.