Thread: My default emaill is Eudora but Outlook Express saves every letter I get

My default emaill is Eudora but Outlook Express saves every letter I get

Not only that but I suspect it saves every one I send also.

I have never let Outlook Express be my default email program; it asks me occasionally and I tell it "No." Eudora has always been my default and it works just fine.

Now, how do I get Outlook Excpress from saving all letters? I mean it's not a problem per se, but I just do not like the duplication and the extra space it wastes. I go in every so often and delete all the emails, but that's hardly efficient.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

I noticed this too actually, I use Thunder bird mail client from mozilla. It's very weird, but what I would do it remove your account from Outlook express (since you probably have it setup there). That's what I did and it stopped recording my emails.

Read your letter,Staind. Thanks. I just had to format and reinstall XP and since Outlook has not saved any messages. Go Figure. Perhaps some checkbox was chcked or not checked.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    Read your letter,Staind. Thanks. I just had to format and reinstall XP and since Outlook has not saved any messages. Go Figure. Perhaps some checkbox was chcked or not checked.
    You didnt reformat just to stop outlook express did you

Staind suggestion was good, simply remove your Email account details from Outlook express.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

No Way!!!

No Way!!!
    Thought so, but just had to ask. The wording of your post got me a little worried :d

Why did you have to reformat? that time of the month?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Why does when make a difference?

Why does when make a difference?
    It doesnt, I was trying to look for some background info why you would reformat - assuming this email problem was your only issue. But perhaps its not... what other probs do you have with the computer? Or is it related to your thread HERE

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

(Cash_site.) No, email wasn't the only issue. That was almost an aside...my curiosity. Actually at this date (May 1) I don't remember all the problems. 1-2 programs were acting up; I was getting too many error messages.