Thread: Ultimate cooling!!!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Exclamation Ultimate cooling!!!

Go to the last pick in this THG issue. You will see the latest in cooling solutions
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/game/20...tiplay-11.html

Or, you can access it directly from here
    http://www6.tomshardware.com/game/20...s/image030.jpg

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    You guys must have zapped that image, now thg have replaced it with a Hammer ICON, lol, I thought thats the cooling idea: need airflow, simply smash some air vents

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I built my brother a new pc a few weeks ago and he called me a few days ago and told me "Hey chris it dawned on me that the more air the better cooling and overclocking, so I went to Lowe's home improvement and got 2 box fans and placed them on both side of my tower with the sides off."

I just started laughing. Keep in mind this is the first PC the boy has ever owned and he has had it for about 3 weeks and already overclocking it, yet he has no idea how to get to software that has been installed on his pc from the start menu. I'm just waiting for the phone call "My PC is smoking now".

both sides? I don't know if that will work. Theorically if will make the air get stuck if draw the airflow produced. Plus, he will be blowing more air to the CPU fan that it can take, and taking the air out, decreasing actually the quantity of air that hits the CPU. That one for one side.
    It is good for HDD which usually don't get much airflow, and big drives with 7200 rpm get really hot.
    Now, the real problem is that he will be pushing too much air from the enviroment to the computer (motherboard) increasing static and/or condesation.
    If you decrease the relative humidity to reduce the condesation you get more static, if you increase the relative humidity to reduce static you get more condesation. So either way, that PC is going to last little.
    Aren't brothers a pain? Mine got his PC in Christmas, and 3 days later he already played with the BIOS and the computer now takes many tries to boot.