Thread: PDA with USB hosting? urgent!!!!

PDA with USB hosting? urgent!!!!

hello all,

I need help on using the PDA as a host. it is connecting two peripherals, one through USB and the other through serial port. I want to use the USB hosting on the PDA. i know that Toshiba had USB hosting but eventually they stopped manufacturing the PDAs with the USB hosting capability. I use the Compaq's Ipaq which does not have the capability of USB hosting. I need a solution for this.

any help is appreciated.

thankyou
    ravy

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Well you could right your own PocketPC software that interfaced with the USB drivers to create a Host program to connect to your periphals.

Else, see if there are any firmware upgrades etc to allow USB hosting. Or you could borrow, rent, buy the tosiba PDA

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Talking SoftConnex Releases USB Host Software Solution for ...

Well.... have you tried SoftConnex... they definitely have the capability and software to make your PDA act as a USB host..... and I am actually looking for the same thing....... basically trying to get my USB hard disk to work with my PDA... and I meant not to backup my PDA, but using the data on the hard disk for the PDA to run applications i.e videos, etc.....

You can also look into USB bridge by Delkin..... News: Delkin Connects USB Devices Without PC... try the search by google..... on this subject : USB Host software or USB OTG ( On the GO )..... it is still pretty new stuff... so whether it actually support your PDA .... well..... I have a HP 1450.....

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Besides USB HD, I know a lot of PDAs support Flash Cards/Smart Media etc even PCMCIA cards, which allow data to be read/write to the card as data storage. This is definitely faster to transfer data than via bluetooth

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---