Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mindful Elegance

Cool Mindful Elegance

I've posted this in so many forums that I nearly left you guys out Now I couldn't do that could I? So I left the best forum till last...

I created these with my hands, Corel Photopaint 11 and MS Photo Editor. What do you guys think?

For more go to:
    deviantart

Unfortunately my scanner wasn't able to pick up a wealth of detail. For example, in the original each individual hair in the eyelashes and eyebrows are well defined.
    OK, the only way to get all the detail was to scan a 50MB file. I resampled this and compressed it to a 3MB file. Optimized it as much as possible but the image is dirty and smudged.
    Note that this image is soooo large that it loads in stages. So wait until loading status bar is done.
    Last edited by coathanger007; July 8th, 2004 at 21:08 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    It looks good. I'm not talented...at least...not in that area

Thanks. Doubt too many members would find this interesting in a PC tech support forum

Titanium Member
    Wow! that's great. You are very talented. I like this one as well - http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3517334/

Glad you liked it. Cos I was about to delete it in from cyberspace disgust after receiveing this comment from an art forum:

"You've gone for trend ***** looks which don't really suit the image. The text at the bottom doesn't really tie on well, and stands out quite a bit, I would loose it. Same with the lens flare, the paper curl, and the sun light in the corner. Brighten up the whole image without focusing on one part too much. This image reminds me of a red indian patchwork. "

Titanium Member
    Just who does he think he is? A known art critic? I do like the first image best.

Thanks My personal fav is the original but my scanner did a poor job of making a digital copy - in the original pencil strokes are blended and aren't so noticeable as in the scan. Also much more vibrant colour and more detailed.

Replaced that dirty pencil drawing with this sleek, eerie image:
    Much smaller size than before
    Last edited by coathanger007; July 8th, 2004 at 21:14 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Looks like great work to me. And about the criticism... It brings to mind that old expression, "opinions are like a ssholes, everybody has one"... how true that is.

You work is great, in fact it's some of the best art on TZ that I have ever seen. Are you some kind of graphic designer/artist?

lol - thanks for the words of wisdom Big Booger I'm not a graphics artist though when I was 15-16 I topped High school in graphics and design for 2 years. 6-7 years has passed since then ! I'm now a final year Commerce/Law undergraduate (with art, web design, computers etc just as a hobby).

Cool

Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to edit my posts from above. So I've attached the Titanic artwork and StudioX wallpaper here.

I've also attached a doodle of my cybernetic self.

lol - I've now reached my overall attachment limit - only 2kb to spare

BTW, would one of the Mods/Admin be kind enough to merge all those little posts together.
    Last edited by coathanger007; July 9th, 2004 at 21:36 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coathanger007
    lol - I've now reached my overall attachment limit - only 2kb to spare
    Why don't you make the effort to host them on your own site.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Sure. Attachments are just so much more convenient. Is Techzonez pushing its bandwidth limit? Forums don't usually use that much bandwidth (usually only about 1GB a month). Because I host files I exceeded my 10GB limit last month and my entire site came crashing down. Anyway, I now have another forum helping me out with hosting.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coathanger007
    Forums don't usually use that much bandwidth (usually only about 1GB a month).
    1 GB a month?? We use that in one day.

We've got plenty of BW to play with a month,(minimum 1200 GB).

You only get 10 GB a month? I suggest you get a better deal on your monthly allowance.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

300GB a month is still well below 1200GB bandwidth limit. Might like to increase the attachment limit for all members

Hehe - I now get 20GB a month free through X-istence and Jan - both Admins of other forums. I'm certainly not complaining with my free deal
    Last edited by coathanger007; July 10th, 2004 at 11:02 AM.