Thread: My Intel software to see/talk with my son has quit! Help!

My Intel software to see/talk with my son has quit! Help!

Hello:

Here is how things stand Is my only solution at this point to toss my camera and the software and get a new camera and software? The problem (read on) is not the kind you find answers to in manufactuers' online help and Intel no longer makes the camera I have and discontinued all email/phone support for it in September 2003. The camera $80. I hate to toss it when it itself is probably OK.

I have been using my Intel PC camera Pro, Model CS430 and (as I run XP) the version of Intel Create and Share program for XP. Until the last 2 days I have had no problem connecting with and seeing/chatting with my son in NJ. He's running Windows 2000 and the Intel version that works with 2000. He has the same exact camera I do.

I tell, before I connect, XP's built-in firewall to let Intel connect through its chosen port--no problem with that.

What results is this. We connect. I see my son and the small picture of me. He sees me. The audio has tested fine in set-up...that is I hear the phone ring and the microphone recorded just fine. (I checked the latter by recording with Windows' Sound Recorder and with Eudora's similar program.)

But in seconds, the pictures of Bruce and myself freeze. Additionally, whatever he has said, keeps repeating over and over and over until we hang up. The last time I called him I could not hear the phone ring (though he could). Generally he cannot hear anything I say.

Well, I went to uninstall, thinking then to reinstall. Using the Intel uninstall, I was offered a choice of "Repair" or "complete uninstall". "Repair" did not work, so I tried "Complete uninstall." Both times I got this message:

"The instruction at 0X771C732a referenced memory 0X00169348. The memory could not be read." The dialog box with this information was called "kernel.exe." or by a name very, very close to that.

The name of the folder from my CD, which loaded onto my HD and unzipped successfully (or so it said) was CS-UGCD.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Wumply,you probably need to remove all instances of the program,including the registry.First look in windows explorer where the prog was installed in,remove the folders there.Then run "regedit"and look in Hkey Local machines and HKey current users under "software"and find inferences of the program.Also in the control panel for add/remove programs make sure drivers,and Create and Share stuff is gone.Then try reinstalling.Another way if the software "Create and Share "does a nose dive again is to remove everything again and reinstall just the driver for your camera,and use another program like MSN Messenger.I have my Intel camera set up with sound and all ,works like a champ.I got rid of my Create and share software that came with the cam.Do you have the latest Messenger 6.1?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    try these drivers for your camera

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=112657

username - drivers
    password - all
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Egghead. Before yor answer came (and it got delayed because I had, at my ISP, set my junk mail folder to "aggressive"...I've revised that since to 'less aggressive'...I'd found after a very long search a free program which I installed and got running...it's doing very well. But I have filed your reply away in a physical folder because I may well want to try to get Intel going again at some future date.

zipp51.
    My thanks to you too. Check out my reply to Egghead if you have not already read it. I printed out your suggestions for future reference/use too.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    zipp51.
    My thanks to you too. Check out my reply to Egghead if you have not already read it. I printed out your suggestions for future reference/use too.
    Your welcome,Wump.Glad it helped.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.