Thread: Man charged with fatally kicking dog like a football

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Man charged with fatally kicking dog like a football

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A man was arrested on charges of killing his neighbor's 17-year-old dog by place-kicking it like a football.

Chad Daniel Crawford, 23, was charged with cruelty to animals and vandalism Tuesday in the death of Gizmo, a 2-pound miniature Yorkshire terrier. Crawford was freed on $25,000 bail.

Jalani Lewis said he was in his apartment complex when he saw one of three men holding the dog like a football and then saw Crawford kick the animal.

Lewis said the dog flew through the air in a high arc, hit the pavement and rolled under a parked car. The dog was apparently dead when it hit the ground and the men were laughing, Lewis said.

Crawford said the accusations were false but declined further comment.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/07/pl....ap/index.html

What a sick bastard.... I cannot believe this crap.

Titanium Member
    I'll never understand (the mentality) how so many people can be so heartless and cruel (and evil).

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    The guy that held the little dog should be prossecuted as well.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

yet another great american making us look like a sane country to the world media... when is the insanity going to stop in this nation?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    They all should Zipp.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Let him kick my dog and see what happens.....

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I think this is travesty to humanity.. that guy should be thrown in a pit full of starved dogs...

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    maybe this wouldnt be a good time to tell you guys about the geribals

I am going to start this post by stating, "I am a dog lover. In fact, there is a dog sleeping at my feet as I write this. We also have a cat that routinely sleeps on my computer desk while I work.

Most people's reaction to a story like this is the same. It is easy to get agreement that a stiff penalty is called for. And rightly so.

It is more difficult to get the same unanimity when it comes to cruelty against another person. Our justice system has become bloated an confused.

Let me give a few examples:

- A friend was killed by a drunk driver four years ago. The individual had seven DWI convictions in his past. His license was suspended at the time of the accident. He was seen in a bar the day after getting out on bail. Conviction resulted in 2 yr sentence of which he served less than 6 mts.
    - Rape cases try the victim instead of the accused.
    - Children are returned to brut parents after being physically or sexually abused by them.
    - Young people receive little or no punishment for repeated crimes that grow in severity until they finally kill someone. Then people appear to argue that he/she canít be blamed due to a rough childhood.
    - Now let me present a hypothetical case. There is a car accident involving a man and a pregnant woman. The unborn child dies. The man is tried for murder. During the trial the once pregnant woman is asked where she was headed when the accident occurred. Her reply, ďTo the clinic on third street to get an abortion. Is it possible to create more convoluted laws?

Beam me up!
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Good Points Efc, the world has lost its sense of common sense, and regulated by laws. So now instead of thinking gee this is wrong, ppl think I can do it cos there is a loop hole in the law!!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    This SOB should have his head put in a cage and his privates in another, fill both cages with a couple of starving rats and let them slowly knibble away at his sick a**. Man this pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!