Thread: Get rid of those tags!

Get rid of those tags!

I know there is a tweak for this. How do I get rid of the annoying "description" tags in XP, so that every time my mouse pointer hovers over the start bar (for example) I don't get "Click here to begin" and so on (This is a real nuisance in the control panel as the description tag covers other icons).

Thanks in advance
    Engineer

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Also if you would rather not edit the registry yourself you can go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...oondisable.reg download the .reg file to your desktop and double click on it. This wil make the change for you, but as always before making changes to the registry perform a backup of it.

not balloon tips

Thanks for the help, but I was not refering to Balloon Tips which are the little comic like information balloons but the tags, which appear as boxes.

In control panel for example if the mouse hovers over Keyboard, I get a long box that says, "Customize your keyboard settings by....".

The tags appear ever time the mouse hovers over something.

Thanks
    Engineer

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Open My Computer. Go to Tools then choose Folder Options and uncheck Show pop-up description... (see attachment).

Don't think it works for Control Panel items though...