Thread: And so spawns my first problem with Winamp

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar

Unhappy And so spawns my first problem with Winamp

Winamp has provided me with many years of trouble free operation, but finally something has had to give and I can't for the life of me work out wtf is going on!

MP3 streams come out distorted and have lots of clicks and pops where once they did not. I have scoured the net but haven't found a solution and get this...media player plays the same stream perfectly!!! I dont even like media player!!!

Here is an example of a stream I listen to often (free): http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/1007

Happens ONLY with (any) online streams. Local audio is fine. I'm thinking it *might* be my firewall but how can I tell. This is a fresh image of Windows XP.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Did you get this fresh image of XP from Lynch? Which winamp are you using? It may be Firewall related, which firewall, also perhaps your router if SPI is enabled. It seems that it is trying to virus check/inspect/block/etc the stream as it comes to your computer, thus giving the skips/clicks/pops.

Try disabling the firewall/av stuff and test it out. else a fresh install and driver check will help, hopefully.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Good point cash. Might have to UNINSTALL McAfee and see how she rolls.