Thread: Free Online FTP

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Free Online FTP

http://www.dropload.com/

Dropload is a place for you to drop your files off and have them picked up by someone else at a later time. Recipients you specify are sent an email with instructions on how to download the file. Files are removed from the system after 48 hours, regardless if they have been picked up or not. Recipients can be anyone with an email address.

--------------------------------------------

Thought some of you might could use this service.. store up to 50MB files for 48 hours so your friends can download them. I mean, if you had files that you wanted to share, and couldn't send them over email because of the file size limitations.. what better way than this?

nabbed this from

http://www.lockergnome.com

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    I always question security in a place like this. I don't know that I'd want something that was destined for someone else, stolen and sprawled all over the Internet.

Guess I'll wait to see if pics of BB get stolen and sent around first

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I doubt you will find a place that is secure on the net 100%. If you are worried about security, you could always zip or rar the file and password protect it. Then upload it and offer it to others to download and then send the password to the archive via email.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I doubt you will find a place that is secure on the net 100%. If you are worried about security, you could always zip or rar the file and password protect it. Then upload it and offer it to others to download and then send the password to the archive via email.
    Booger, that sounds like the perfect plan! I hear RAR encryption is hard to crack...anyone know whether software exists to break it? I've only seen programs that decrypt ZIP files.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    None that I have heard of SupaStar...