Thread: attn Hotmale and Fastgame

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar

attn Hotmale and Fastgame

Database had a little problem and your post was lost hotmale so I am reposting it for you.

Originally Posted by hotmale
    Hey FastGame! You said you are “a hardware pimp & a fair forecaster”. I’m thinking to buy a 3D Card to replace my GeForce2 64MB, more DDR RAM, a 52X CD-RW and perhaps a DVD Drive. So, what do you think? Should I wait till prices plummet?

cheers
    egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I would wait depending on your needs

You still have a Geforce2 card so does that mean your not into gaming ? if your not into gaming then there's no reason to upgrade your v-card. If you want a game card then wait just a bit till the prices fall in May/June What card are you thinking of ? I think ATI cards have a little better IQ even in 2D

CD-R/RW ? IMO the prices are as low as they're going to get for awhile, some sales are so low I think it cost more to make the drive than they sell it for....

DVD burners ? man them things are changing fast as the wind, you can get some nice 8X drives for around $100 US now & 4X for much less...its buy now if you need it or wait till you do.....

DDR ram ? well thats going up in price and IMO will be long time for price drops, if it ever does. Everyone is going DDR II & DDR III which cost a bunch and most Co. will cut back on DDR production and kept the price stable on the high side. Need DDR ? buy it now....

What are you thinking of ? what kind of PC ? what do you mainly do on the PC ?

Now is the time to build a very fast PC (CPU/MB/Ram/CD-R/HD), its wait a bit for super fast v-card and DVD if you can.

Thanks FG. BTW, you asked me why I need SP2. I'm stuck on dial-up and can't dload patches (arrrgh). Again asking me why? Coz cable isn't available here & DSL is too expensive.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    ahh don't worry, I'm in the same situation as you...dial-up

Titanium Member
    Hotmale and Fastgame? Sounds like a couple of internet pron stars.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Hotmale and Fastgame? Sounds like a couple of internet pron stars.
    They're on a break because of the HIV spread.