Thread: KAV 5 to be released today

KAV 5 to be released today

The latest version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus is expected to be released today.

Kaspersky is an advanced integrated anti-virus application package. As shown in numerous independent tests, KAV is one of the best anti-virus program available today. It's state-of-the-art scanning technology allows it to deal with even the most complex known polymorphic viruses, and thanks to it's unpacking and extracting engines, KAV does not stop from tracking down viruses even in runtime-compressed and archived files.
    Once released it will be available from the KAV FTP Server

Hi, everyone interested!

I would like to clear up one thing and apologize. The release which is planned for the 20th of April is a TECH release. Not final commercial release. Commercial release of English version will be in about a week. Sometimes TECH release and com. release are the same, but sometimes a serious bug can be found during techrelease period. So, be carefull. TECH release will not be uploaded on main Russian servers.

Regards,
    Igor.
    Tech Release: http://kasperskylab.co.uk/files/beta...inws50beta.exe

The French Final is out and as above general release will follow next week.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    thank you for the update!

I think Kaspersky is the best virus scanner on the market.

cheers
    egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Titanium Member
    So I download this and install - it's asks for a key and says it's on my HD or download it from internet. I go look for it but don't find it - Internet want a bunch of personal info so I just install it without key and reboot. I see kavmm.exe running in my task manager but not in my tray - I already don't like this.

That's the 3rd time I've tried to install that "krapkowski" - If it's this difficult, it's crap to me - back to SAV for me.

*sorry for venting
    Last edited by lynchknot; April 22nd, 2004 at 02:01 AM.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Trying it now, cheers.

The key request was for a license file, if you don't have one then you install without a key. KAV 4.x was complex at times for someone new to it but 5 is supposed to be simpler. I have not had a look myself yet, will make time later