Thread: Spanning CD's

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar

Spanning CD's

I have just created a VCD and it's on my hard drive.I would like to burn it to a CD and view it on my DVD player.The problem is when I converted the AVI to mpeg the file became so large that it won't fit on a cd.There must be a free app out there so that I can span this file into 2 cd's.Anyone know of any,or another solution?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Not sure if this will do it but check it out:

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Thanks Conan,that is a good file splitter.I found another that is a trial and it converts Avi's to mpg's and then splits them into as many cd's as you need.It's called TMPGEnc.Burned with Nero Express after and the now mpg files play nicely.Always good to have many sources.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    I highly reccommend TMPGEnc and have been using it for years. A great app for video editing.

i need help

hi,

i just used tmpgenc to split an avi movie file into two, but on playback, there is only video without sound, except at the beginning when the studio logo is shwing up, then throughout the entire movie, there is no audio. have i done something wrong or have missed some settings? what should i do to have the audio back? thanks for help.

richard

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.brizsoft.com/avisplit/

use that file to split your avi.

thank you so much for your great help, BB.

you're just amazing!

richard

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    The only down side to that app is the 2GB limit.. Glad to help. Welcome to TZ!

Is there yet an easy-to-use app that will let you put in a DVD, and generate a DIVX .avi file for you to put on 1/2/3 CDs? Last time I looked (a year or 2 back) you needed like 3 different apps and had lots of horible letterbox, sound etc settings to play with - plus it took all day to do. I never got a movie that wasn't either ugly or with terrible sound, or both. Usually both!